Nano skimmer suggestions

ClownWizard

Hello All!

Any suggestions on what skimmer I should get for my biocube. Its a 21 gallon aquatop biotope. The stock skimmer that came with it doesn't work that great and creates a ton of microbubbles. Looking for something better

What skimmer would you all suggest?

Thanks!

Mjl714

If it was me, I'd pass on a skimmer on such a small tank (I have 20 g reef tank) and rely more on water changes. Perhaps a gfo reactor if needed. alternatively, I have an AquaC Nano Remora if interested.

Rallos

seconding the ghost skimmer. They will make microbubbles for a bit probably until they break in but after that they are great.

ClownWizard

Thank you all for the input. Right now I am relying on water changes. The ghost and tunze look like very good choices.

Also looked at the hydor slim skim and aquatic life mini skimmer 115, these are cheaper than the ghost and tunze but did get some good reviews. Anyone have any experience with the hydor slim skim or aquatic life mini skimmer?

CienFuegos

Premium member
I used the 'hydor Slim skim' and it was good, but after using the tunze I'd go down that route... I'm actually selling it since I just broke down my 28 cube.