Naso tang

madjoe

Premium member
So i bought a beautiful naso tang nice big and fat but cant find a food that hes goes crasy after he pics at mysis eats one spits one . Same with nori sheets wont eat it off the clip but when it breaks of he will eat some issue is hes a big boy and hes not eating enough for sure belly getting skinny . I have meds for internals but i gotta find something thats crack to him the meds i have need to be ingested . Any ways question is what else can i try he dont touch rods food at all ive seen people use lettuce has anyone tried it before . Hes pretty settled into the tank it seems doesn't hide and not pacing he grazes on the rocks . Any suggestions will be useful the fish is male has streamers and is absolutely beautiful so hopefully i can get this thing to turn back around

babbyk

Premium member
I have the same fish, at first he was really picky, he wouldn't eat Nori off the clip and spit out PE Mysis. Just keep at it, he started eating flakes, and then the PE now he eats everything including pellets. He also really like LRS.

madjoe

Premium member
I have the same fish, at first he was really picky, he wouldn't eat Nori off the clip and spit out PE Mysis. Just keep at it, he started eating flakes, and then the PE now he eats everything including pellets. He also really like LRS.
Whats lrs .

- - - Updated - - -

Try chaeto. My tangs and rabbit love it

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
I dint have cheato i will try some my calupera i put some in before something ate it but i wasnt home to watch lol

- - - Updated - - -

Ok im gonna head to lfs and grab flakes and spirlina brine and what ever else i can find lol dam picky bastard

Spartanman22

I've found that fish tend to prefer spirulina brine over mysis. Especially with finickier eaters. It may just be a shape thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madjoe

Premium member
I've found that fish tend to prefer spirulina brine over mysis. Especially with finickier eaters. It may just be a shape thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I did notice that he tends to eat the smaller pieces of the mysis while he spits out the larger . And my dumb butt bought the larger fw mysis because hes a bigger fish lol i go past Sea schor everyday i will stop in there . I dint think i ever been to it although i drive passed it everyday lol

Last edited:

madjoe

Premium member
So sea schor is a joke they r never open i looked at sign and weds Thursday Friday closed wtf is that lol no wonder why i just drive past oh and had a sign says after sunday its closed for the summer lol . Any ways i went home pulled caluerpa and he gobbled it up and a ton of it think im gonna have to buy stock in caluerpa

anarchy

So sea schor is a joke they r never open i looked at sign and weds Thursday Friday closed wtf is that lol no wonder why i just drive past oh and had a sign says after sunday its closed for the summer lol . Any ways i went home pulled caluerpa and he gobbled it up and a ton of it think im gonna have to buy stock in caluerpa
Awesome pick up some chaeto too give it a variety lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

#theMatrix

I heard b4 that chaeto wasnt the best for fish as they dont process it and poop it same as it went in.

LRS is larrys reef food and its claimed to be the one working for finiky eaters has videos of all sorts of rare and finiky fish having a frenzy with it.

Are you going to soak the macros its eating in prazi or other internal meds?

madjoe

Premium member
I heard b4 that chaeto wasnt the best for fish as they dont process it and poop it same as it went in.

LRS is larrys reef food and its claimed to be the one working for finiky eaters has videos of all sorts of rare and finiky fish having a frenzy with it.

Are you going to soak the macros its eating in prazi or other internal meds?
Yea i heard fish dont even eat it but seen a ton of them eat it any way the plan for now is keep him fat and keep trying frozen once i can get gim to eat the frozen i can get the meds in him he's actually pooping normal now i know he ate some of the treated food maybe it was enough

#theMatrix

Yea i heard fish dont even eat it but seen a ton of them eat it any way the plan for now is keep him fat and keep trying frozen once i can get gim to eat the frozen i can get the meds in him he's actually pooping normal now i know he ate some of the treated food maybe it was enough
Thats good news! Hope it continues to eat. Maybe boost vitamins in the food also, selcon?
Ive been tempted to try a blonde naso as well as a idol both grow streamers and i feel the aggressive fish in my tank would rip the streamers to nothing.

How about a photo of your tang? :D

madjoe

Premium member
Well hes fat again but damn he ate 4 soft ball size clumps of alagae already lol my fuge is gonna be picked clean gonna try romane lettuce

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Well hes fat again but damn he ate 4 soft ball size clumps of alagae already lol my fuge is gonna be picked clean gonna try romane lettuce
My tangs never really like romaine. They'd pick at it, but never ate much of it.