Neat video of the mutualistic relationship between hermit crabs and anemones

goatous

[video=youtube;dYFALyP2e7U]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYFALyP2e7U[/video]

I wouldn't have guessed a hermit crab would be moving a defensive anemone from one shell to the next as it grows.
Kinda cool.

anarchy

I had one of these and loved it! I'll dig around for a picture

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Byteblock

That is so cool! Thanks for sharing a pic, [MENTION=2612]anarchy[/MENTION]. My next question was: Do they do that in reef tanks? Guess so!

Now combine this with the mutualistic relationship between clowns and nems, by stick this guy in a clown harem tank. Just hit play on the Benny Hill theme and watch the majesty of nature unfold.

anarchy

That is so cool! Thanks for sharing a pic, [MENTION=2612]anarchy[/MENTION]. My next question was: Do they do that in reef tanks? Guess so!

Now combine this with the mutualistic relationship between clowns and nems, by stick this guy in a clown harem tank. Just hit play on the Benny Hill theme and watch the majesty of nature unfold.
Wouldn't suggest putting one of these in a reef first day it was in my tank it destroyed everything. Broke sps ate shrooms covered everything in sand. Lost $100 worth of coral

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Wouldn't suggest putting one of these in a reef first day it was in my tank it destroyed everything. Broke sps ate shrooms covered everything in sand. Lost $100 worth of coral

I had one of these when I had a FOWLR. It was insane. As soon as I would feed the tank, he'd come running out with his pinches in the air. He was always trying to latch onto fish too. Once, I had a bunch of friends over, and everyone saw this, he was on top of the rocks when I fed the tank. He jumped off of the rocks and caught my trigger, Gary, in mid-air (water) and took him down to the sand. Gary shook him off. One day I came home to my tusk missing his back half and that's when the crab went up for adoption.

Highly entertaining, but definitely aggressive. He cost me $5 (and a dead tusk) but was really fun to watch.