Need advise from sps keepers

Back in November a buddy of mine gave me a Frag of a green Millie that wasn't in too good shape. Since I put it in my tank it has been extending polyps during the night and encrusting the Frag plug showing signs of growth. However, there's only a small hue of green and it's mostly white. I have it placed slightly above the middle line of my tank. I have a pink Millie that is a bit higher than this one and is doing great. Any tips or suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ostrow

Give it time. Never remove it even if you are sure it is dead.

Hunch....did you mount it vertically or horizontally.....I always do horizontal....

Give it time. Never remove it even if you are sure it is dead.

Hunch....did you mount it vertically or horizontally.....I always do horizontal....
It's mounted vertically on the plug. I can take a pic but my iPhone pics always come out crappy

madjoe

Premium member
If it has polyps most likely needs lower light green stuff is mostly lower to med light stuff specially millies so maybe light is to much there idk what kinda light u have but if u actually use a par meter par reading arent that stabile across the boards just because its lower then other doesnt mean par is lower

If it has polyps most likely needs lower light green stuff is mostly lower to med light stuff specially millies so maybe light is to much there idk what kinda light u have but if u actually use a par meter par reading arent that stabile across the boards just because its lower then other doesnt mean par is lower
Sorry I forgot to mention that I'm using a Maxspect Razor 160w it's about 5 inches above the water line, and the max I have it set at is 75% white and 90% blue

madjoe

Premium member
Sorry I forgot to mention that I'm using a Maxspect Razor 160w it's about 5 inches above the water line, and the max I have it set at is 75% white and 90% blue

Even more leds can be all over with par because so directional and optics move down a bit if u can