Need help setting up RO system

I have a RO system that Mr_Z had sold to me, long story short it needed new filters I bought them all and for whatever reason I thought I needed to disconnected the tubing and now it does not work... anyway I was hoping to get some help setting it up and using it for my top off water. I don't have much money and I am just getting back into the hobby and will soon be able to put softies in the tank. If anyone is near Villa Park, or Lombard I could drive by and possibly pay some money to get this setup properly. I think it will take max 10-15 minutes to get it setup properly. I just dont want to mess it up.

Its a watts premier RO system no DI attachment yet working on that when more funds come in.

yogoshio

You can easily find diagrams online. Easiest way to describe the tubing spacing is this: Water source, sediment filter, carbon filter, RO membrane. Then the two lines coming out of the membrane you can test the TDS levels to see which is waste (it will obviously have higher TDS).

I have three containers and one that looks like the RO membrane I got two sediments and one carbon filter. Whats confusing me is the layout of what goes in and out since its repeated throughout the system more than once. I will look at some diagrams online but I think this system is some what unique. I just looked on water and ice and it was nothing like what I have.

You can easily find diagrams online. Easiest way to describe the tubing spacing is this: Water source, sediment filter, carbon filter, RO membrane. Then the two lines coming out of the membrane you can test the TDS levels to see which is waste (it will obviously have higher TDS).

It looks like I got the wrong filter as well the membrane on the top does not say its a RO membrane I still have the old one that came with the system not sure if that ever needs to get replaced or not.

yogoshio

From the water source, first to the sediment filter, then carbon, then membrane and test the output to see which is good and what's waste.

You may have to open the filter cartridges to be sure what's what.

When I got the filters it was not labeled which one was sediment and which one was carbon there is one with a netting like filter and one that looks like floss all white. Also when you say in from water source into sediment would that be in the in or out? Picture 4-5 are different ends one says out and in? sorry for all the really stupid questions.

also I have nothing to test what is waste and what isnt I guess I could always taste it?

yogoshio

THe floss is the sediment, what looks like a net is carbon.

At this point you need to go to youtube or something like it and see a video demonstration, because until you see a full breakdown whether in person or online everything we say will be gibberish, lol.

lmao hahah thanks thats why I was hoping I could either go to someone or someone stop by and show me how it works. I looked on youtube and all the systems seem to be setup already everything does sound like gibberish!

SkunkerX

Its my old filter. so get me a clear pic of the model like a better one of the 3rd pic I might be able to help you as i still have the instructions somewhere on my computer but it has a virus right now so it might take me some time cuz I have it all disconnected and unhooked right now

Hey Skunker yeah it is your old RO system. I belive Mr.Z told me it was yours. I can get clear pictures tonight of it. As far as your virus you can do a removal in safe mode run Malwarebytes free software in safe mode do a full scan and should get rid of your virus. Let me know if I can help you. I found a great diagram that is not exactly the same as the one you had but very similar from h20 distributors.

http://www.h2odistributors.com/reverse-osmosis-diagram.asp

Its my old filter. so get me a clear pic of the model like a better one of the 3rd pic I might be able to help you as i still have the instructions somewhere on my computer but it has a virus right now so it might take me some time cuz I have it all disconnected and unhooked right now

zoomcorvette

I wish you weren't so far away. I have a netbook that needs to be fixed. I was in the same boat at first with everything. Now I have figured alot of these things out. BRS does have some nice videos.