Need help with headlight installing on car

kratos1028

Anyone here know how to put in new headlights in a car? I bought after market headlights that I want to swap out with the stocks currently on my car. the new lights do have a couple of LEDs in them so will need help checking the wiring. Bummer needs to be removed. I can pay depending on price. The local shops here are charging a ton.

kratos1028

what car and year? I just did mine 09 yukon denali and it was easy .
Its an 06 honda accord. I can probably remove the bumper on my own but I am not sure about the wiring that I need to connect for the light. No idea about the red, white, or black wires coming out from the 3 led bulbs on each headlight fixture. I tried some youtube videos but I just don't understand wiring :/

skyon888

The black will be ground, just crimp an eyelit onto it and utilize an existing bolt that's touching metal to take care of that.

The red/white would be 12v power, I'm suprised there's both red and white, does one want constant 12v and one switched? Either way, I'd check your existing headlight harness for the parking light wire by using a volt meter. The wire that gets 12v when the parking lights are on is the wire you want to tap. Tap into that wire for power. Being LED you won't need to worry about the extra draw on the circuit.

Hope that helps...

Cubano32

Premium member
What kind of aftermarket headlights are you trying to put in are they HID's or like a Halo Projector??

Bommie

Did my Audi and a buddys lexus, if u bring it over I'm sure I can hook it up....or maybe I can stop by.

Sent from my Z740G using Tapatalk