Need help!

Steve1986

So Friday I picked up a 1 1/2" platinum clownfish from a member. He was getting picked on by his other clownfish so his fins were torn. He's in my 10 gallon frag tank , and today I woke up to his tail fin completely gone View attachment 15553. There's nothing else in there, I did notice these little things crawling on the glass , I don't think they're copepods but...... And after reading on here of things like killer isopods and stuff like that, I don't know what else could of done it. Sorry for the bad pictures but this is the best I can do with the phone View attachment 15554

madjoe

Premium member
Fins could have gotten fin rot or infection from being beat on . U could try melifix helps with regrowth . Hope he makes it man. As for killer things they do exist but really rare some one here had one . But dont think the hit tails

Steve1986

Fins could have gotten fin rot or infection from being beat on . U could try melifix helps with regrowth . Hope he makes it man. As for killer things they do exist but really rare some one here had one . But dont think the hit tails
Thanks , it's just weird cause I have used melafix on torn fins but I mean his fin is completely gone , you can actually see part of his spine in the back , he's kinda swimming around. I feel sorry for the little guy.

madjoe

Premium member
Thanks , it's just weird cause I have used melafix on torn fins but I mean his fin is completely gone , you can actually see part of his spine in the back , he's kinda swimming around. I feel sorry for the little guy.
Yea thats not good im not sure if thats to far gone but melifix will help not get infected. Ive seen fish with no tails survive but some get picked on cause they r seen as week then they get killed . Fingers crossed he pulls through. Might of been a crab or something