Need lens help?

bennyblanco

My wife is looking for a new lens and is trying to decide between the Nikon F1.4 and the F1.8. She is looking for a good portrait lens.
We currently have the D40 but are looking to move up to the D90.

Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Brett

FishBeard

F1.8 50mm works great and is SUPER CHEAP in comparison to the F1.4 Worst case you have a backup prime lens if the f1.8 doesn't work out for you and have to get the f1.4

bennyblanco

She's not really sure what she wants! We have a D40 now what is next best camera body to buy? She was assuming the D90 but is there something in between?

And where is the cheapest place? (Thanks Jay!)

rosko23

1.4 . It really is a noticeable difference if she shoots a lot. Loved my Nikon 1.4
Before I upgraded to my canon body and lens

rosko23

She's not really sure what she wants! We have a D40 now what is next best camera body to buy? She was assuming the D90 but is there something in between?

And where is the cheapest place? (Thanks Jay!)
I also had a d90 was nice... But I think there may be a newer version out or about to come out. Go with the d7000... That is a sweet camera with out going full frame

maidia

Team CR
If money is not concerned then go with Nikon D600 or D800. You will be fell down when see the pictures.

Joe Lydon

Trade the Nikon for a Canon, and go from there! ;) Seriously though, the 70-200mm f/2.8 is the way to go on portraits, can't beat the versatility and low light capabilities. There isn't a professional portrait photographer without one.