Need lighting fro 75 gal

RJDENNIS

I am currently piecing together a 75 gallon FOWLR system and have been slambed up against a brick wall when it comes to lighting.
I would like to go with LED's but its not a requirement. I had a retrofit T5HO kit in my canopy of my old system before I sold it and wasnt happy with the heat output (I had and acrylic tank)
My question is would 1 Aqua Illumination Sol system have enough output for the tank to start out with running a FOWLR system? I may add another one down the line when I start introducing corals.

fwadiver

you can get by with anything for FOWLR, light is not a requirement, mr saltwater tank even suggests a t8 or t12 single bulb from the hardware store, save your money for when its time to get a real light for coral.

mlreef

I am currently piecing together a 75 gallon FOWLR system and have been slambed up against a brick wall when it comes to lighting.
I would like to go with LED's but its not a requirement. I had a retrofit T5HO kit in my canopy of my old system before I sold it and wasnt happy with the heat output (I had and acrylic tank)
My question is would 1 Aqua Illumination Sol system have enough output for the tank to start out with running a FOWLR system? I may add another one down the line when I start introducing corals.
Save your money and go with a 36" Prestige LED hybrid fixture you will bee simply amazed and the value, and quality is second to none.

My Buddy Brett has one and it is totally awesome. It beats the pants off of most anything out there.

FishBeard

Seriously, just buy the cheapest thing you can for now for FOWLR, worry about real lighting when you are ready for corals. All that light is just going to grow nusiance algae in a FOWLR environment and make cleaning it a burden. Cheap low power light = clean glass and rocks/sand.

RJDENNIS

But with the Aqua Illimation Sol with the controller I can adjust the output (dim the lights). Thats the reason I was thinking about them, and when I do decide to start adding corals and my lighting needs go up I can add another unit.

yogoshio

If you're thinking of an AI sol just get a china LED light. Same dang thing for half the price.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/120W-WHITE-BLUE-AQUARIUM-CORAL-REEF-TANK-BLACK-AQUARIUM-LED-GROW-LIGHT-q1-/200839988257?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ec2ff0421

Or the LED pendants that are out there are $75 on ebay, and two would cover the tank and be enough for corals if you ever wanted them.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aquarium-Reef-LED-Lamp-30W-14000K-White-250W-Metal-Halide-alternative-Light-/271107208388?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f1f3fb4c4