Need quotes to finish basement in Plainfield... know people?

caragol

I'm in my new house but the basement is unfinished and I need to get that done before I upgrade my tank. Does anyone know people who do all or part of this? From just a drywall guy to a contractor who does it all that's cheap and reputable?

-Anthony

Herbie

Banned
C'mon Anthony DIY that B. Come to the Dark Side!!!!!
after getting a quote for over 4k to cut my basement floor and rough in plumbing, I did it myself for about 700. Youtube FTW!!!

Good luck.

gruca

I'm in my new house but the basement is unfinished and I need to get that done before I upgrade my tank. Does anyone know people who do all or part of this? From just a drywall guy to a contractor who does it all that's cheap and reputable?

-Anthony
I'm working on mine as well. The previous owner put in 1x1 poles (maybe 2x2, not sure) and put up insulation. I just need to drywall it, put in a drop ceiling, and then acid wash the floor. Oh and run electrical. I would love to know someone who could run the electrical and drywall for a decent price!

jm23

Cheap and reputable rarely come together. I know a friend just got a quote to put up a few pieces of drywall (just some patch work in his kitchen) for over $700. There are drywallers out there that are cheaper, but getting the plumbing, electric, etc. done will cost you a pretty penny. I am looking for someone to dig out my crawlspace into a basement and cringe at the thought of the cost of that project. GL.

sparky5785

I'm a union electrician if anyone needs anything electrical pm me and we can talk about what needs to be done and prices etc.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Thedg

C'mon Anthony DIY that B. Come to the Dark Side!!!!!
after getting a quote for over 4k to cut my basement floor and rough in plumbing, I did it myself for about 700. Youtube FTW!!!

Good luck.
Nate the next CR gathering I'm going to have to pick your brain on this one! I work with gc's and subs all over the north shore, I can get a deal on everything except cutting the concrete for a rough in.

4skinz80

I have been a union carpenter for 14 years... I could give you a quote to frame your basement. I can hang the drywall as well but I don't do tape and mud (I could possibly find someone to do that depending on how busy he is) I can also do the trim. I do have a couple buddies that do electric or you could find your own as I'm not that big on doing electric. I live in Joliet so I'm pretty close. The only thing is I work Mon-Fri till 5, so I would be only able to work on it sat and sun. I would imagine it would only take 2 weekends to frame it. and probably the same to hang the drywall and probably the same for the trim. That's probably not Ideal... But if it's cash... You probably wont find a cheaper price than me. Give me a call at 815-685-1746 if you want me to give you a quote. I could stop by after work to get some numbers so I could get a material list and then give you a quote.

Thanks - Aaron Neve

caragol

I am a DIY guy... I did my kitchen before from the slab up and it turned out great, but no dry walling involved. that's kind of why I'm interested in electricians (which I will not DIY beyond replacing an existing outlet) and dry wall guys over full contractors. But I figured if there's a good contractor out there it might be worth a shot. What I need is simple I think; framing, electric, drywall, I have to figure out what to do with the ceiling as it's already low and I don't want to drop it too much too. I can call a carpet place after that or throw in some laminate.

So, if someone has some good DIY experience with a basement, I wouldn't mind some help or advice too.

For framing, I've been told the bottom board should be treated.
The basement is dry, but I don't know if I should add moisture barriers or insulation or what and where.

Things like that is where I need help.

caragol

Update... basement still not finished... :)

But I'm looking over the permits I'd need to fill out. Anyone ever fill out a basement permit? Plainfield or otherwise?

Joe5688

Why u getting permits for a basement lol. I'LL see if my dad is interested in the job. I'll be in touch. Can u pm me more info in what u want done?

caragol

I just have fears about it. I'll spend thousands, then have to rip it down for something stupid because somehow I'm caught or there will be a fire and insurance will find a way out of paying me... so, code and permits.

caragol

Yeah, if it wasn't for that I'd say screw it and just use romex and skip draft stops, whatever they are.

caragol

Sooooo I was talking to a guy at work about my situation, and he said "you know if you get a permit, you get the inspections that go with it and they'll raise your taxes to include that nice finished basement". Which I hadn't considered.

So... crap. Wonder how much of a hit that is?

sparky5785

Yeah the taxes part sucks I bet. Here's the only thing ill say on the electrical front you have my info if you want help please please understand how dangerous romex is.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

roilciuc

Hi! I'm not sure if you still need your basement finished. I just did a basement a few months ago exactly with the same conditions as yours, except I hope yours isn't fill with asbestos tiles because I won't do the job then lol. I've been working construction for many years now and actually started my own business now doing that. Check out the website that's almost finished. chuckyscontractors.com Anyway I can give you a quote and I can assure you it will be affordable and also very reliable. I cannot do the job if you get a permit though because I would need to be licensed for plumbing and electrical. If you are interested give me a call at 847 668 5313 my name is Ben. But please do yourself a favor and don't get a permit. When you work just bring in the supplies at night or on weekends. Store the garbage bags in your garage and slowly put a bag or two in the dumpster every week. You can get the bottom board to be treated to be on the safe side.