Need Window AC

Pufferpunk

My AC has been broken for a few days. A neighbor loaned me a standing AC unit for my fish room. It's still 81 in there but the reef tank is running ~79-80, with the fans over it. I'm trying to push the cooler air down the hallway with fans, to my other 2 large tanks at the other end of the house in the living room but it's not doing much good. It's 82 in the rest of the house & rising. If I could get a window unit in the living room, I think I'd be OK for one more week until Hubby gets back from his bike trip to fix the AC.

poidog

You can buy one and return it in a week. Home depot or Costco won't give you any problems.

SaylorsReef

That doesn't seem fair to the store to return something that they can't sell again. Besides, after this heat wave, I have doubts that you'll find one in most stores.

rattyE36

just snag one on craigslist and then re-sell it for the same price as soon as you dont need it anymore

Pufferpunk

Hubby did AC re4pair for 40 years. Had one of his motorcycle club members over to repair it (sheet metal guy). Put in a new fan & wired it wrong burning out ALL the wiring. Guy across the street has been doing AC for 5 years. Rebuilt everything in there. Motor is turning the fan the wrong way, which is blowing the air into the house & heating up the unit. Hubby says leave it off, before the compressor is ruined, too. He'll fix it when he gets home in a week.

Catran

I hope only 10, I'm on 7 now...
Although 10 years does sound like forever. Good luck with that!