Needing some new T5's... any suggestions?

bennyblanco

Hi!
I'm in need of some new 39wt T5 bulbs soon and was wondering if anyone has any suggestion for new T5 combinations.

I'm currently running these bulbs in my 6x tek unit:
3 - Blue Plus
1 - Purple Plus
2 - Aquablue Special

In this order front to back:
Blue plus
Purple plus
Aquablue special
Blue plus
Aquablue special
Blue Plus

Thanks!
Brett

FishBeard

Front to back I suggest:

Blue Plus
Fiji Purple
ATI Actinic 03
GE 6500k
Blue Plus
Blue Plus

I am running this over my 180 and LOVE the color. SO very blue, but all the coral colors just stand out very nicely with the actinic and GE on the daytime channel.

Make sure one Blue Plus and the Fiji Purple are on your dawn/dusk channel, not sure the way your bulbs are set up, I use 6 in an 8 bulb fixture, and bulbs 1 & 2 are my dawn/dusk bulbs.

Lil BamBam

Premium member
I seen pictures of your tank and looks amazing. Why change the combo if its not broken?

But do change the Purple Plus to Fiji Purple.. You will like it better ;)

Try the coral plus as certain members here are happy with the results. I'm happy :D

poidog

Replace the ABS with Coral+get one extra blue+ if the two coral plus are too white (doubt it if you're running 2 ABS already)

MMreef

I run 4 blue+ with AB special and Coral+ in my 6 bulb fixture. Really like this color combo.It is on blue side but not too blue and it gives a lot of PAR for my corals.AB special will not wash out your colors with 4 blue bulbs.In four bulb fixture I would not use it. Also no need to use purple bulb at all if you go with Coral+ bulb. I used to put fiji purple in my fixture ,looked nice but now I prefer Coral+ instead.

bennyblanco

Thanks guys! Fish beard- ill keep that set-up in mind.

I run 1 and 6 as my dusk/ dawn and the other 4 come on during the day cycle.

If I switch out the ABS for the coral plus should I run them like this?

B+
Fiji P
C+
B+
C+
B+

Thanks!
Brett