New 210 sps reef tank in progress

latinreefer

Nice, I like the open aqua scape. I would consider adding more power heads for more flow for a tank that long and SPS. Following along.

Spartanman22

Your rock work is fantastic! It'll look great covered in coral! What're the plans for the system? Let's get some more info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone on the comments. As far as lighting it is an ati 6 bulb suspended on 2x4's for now just to see how it looks. There will either be a 48" ati powermodule or an old 8 bulb powermodule. All fixtures dimmable. As far as powerheads there are 2 mp60wes and I just added 2 mp40wes but I might swap out for 2 more mp60wes.

For the sump its a 125 gallon with a ro elite 220 skimmer and anc. Return pump is a jecod dct-15000 run with vinyl tubing. Discharge is hard plumbed with pvc each has a 7" filter sock. Finnex 800 watt titanium heater. 50 gallon ato resivour with a tunze 3155 osmolator. Soon to be powered by new older model apex gold and new vertex libra dosing system.

View attachment 17562View attachment 17563

Last edited:
The tank and sump and been filled and running for about 3-4 weeks with tank water from current 125 gallon sps tank from water changes. And about 60 gallons of fresh salt water. The rock was acquired from mark and his huge 500+ gallon system. Sorry about the tanks misfortune. Anyways I bleached all the rocks in batches for a week each batch and soaked in water and taken out to bake in the sun for weeks. On and off for like a month. I just added the sand (rinsed thoroughly) special grade 80 lbs and the rock yesterday and today. Does anyone know if I will get a cycle or how long it will take to add some of my fish from the 125 gallon.

jrpark22000

Premium member
Nice stuff. Totally digging the rockwork too. Plenty of places for fish to feel safe and yet open along with lots of coral growing room.

Hey everyone how's it going. It's been a few months since I setup my new sps build. I added a yellow tang and a super male pyle wrasse a few weeks ago. And I'm going to be adding my purple tang and powder blue in the next few weeks. In the past month I have hung my ati 8 bulb powermodule hybrid and built and installed an enclosed ats out of black acrylic so none of the light will stray outside the enclosure and cause nuisance algae in my sump. I'm going to add the other fish and dial in the ats to the proper nitrate and phosphate levels then start adding some sps. Will keep you posted on the updates as they happen.View attachment 18242

tinman

Hey everyone how's it going. It's been a few months since I setup my new sps build. I added a yellow tang and a super male pyle wrasse a few weeks ago. And I'm going to be adding my purple tang and powder blue in the next few weeks. In the past month I have hung my ati 8 bulb powermodule hybrid and built and installed an enclosed ats out of black acrylic so none of the light will stray outside the enclosure and cause nuisance algae in my sump. I'm going to add the other fish and dial in the ats to the proper nitrate and phosphate levels then start adding some sps. Will keep you posted on the updates as they happen.View attachment 18242
Looks awesome .. Come on get some stickies in it

Sent from my iPhone

Looks awesome .. Come on get some stickies in it

Sent from my iPhone
Thanks buddy. Soon!! Very soon. Almost all of my sps in the 125 gallon were on egg crate and have just about covered all the egg crate so I'm gonna cut it up and put some in the new tank and see how they do before I move larger colonies into it.

Always liked your tanks. Nice diy stand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you very much. I hope all goes well. Been kinda struggling lately with everything except the sps. I'm finally setting up seperate systems for all my corals. Sps tank, shroom tank, lps tank, and zoa&paly tank. I currently have 5 systems going.