New 28G Nano Cube

Green0j0s

Well here's an update... Been having some cyano that I've been siphoning out at my weekly water change. I do a 5 gallon water change every week.

Tank was doing very well, but today my new frogspawn was not happy... It's been closed up all day.

I checked parameters and they are all good. Hammers are doing good. Fish are fine. Except for the little patches of cyano no issues.

Here are some pics.
FTS

Close up of Frogspawn

jm23

Izzy, you said that your clowns went straight for the frogspawn, maybe the frogspawn needs some time to get used to the clowns. My params are 1.026 salinity, 8.5 alk, 480 cal, 1450 mag. These were in low light and low flow (it looks like they are directly in front of your mp10, maybe try lower flow). Keep an eye on the clowns, they might be a little too rough on the frogspawn, keep me updated.

CoralN00b

How "new" is the frogspawn? Has he been open for a while and then suddenly not opening?

That looks like a great piece of frogspawn by the way and awesome scaping.

*Edit* I think Jon nailed it here. The clowns taking to it and the flow might be messing with it.

Green0j0s

It looked fine Sunday, same position i introduced it saturday. It was actually dead on in front of the MP10 so I moved the MP10 up and to the back so the majority of the stream runs through the top of the upper rock were I have a green milli and blue stag. It's set at about 30-40%.

Clowns do snuggle up to the frogspawn when the lights go out but during the day they swim underneath it and hang out through the branches of it.

I have my salinity at 1.025, cal is 430 I didn't measure alk or mag.

I hope it wakes up fine tomorrow. I'll update in the evening.

Green0j0s

Frogspawn turns out to be doing ok again. It opened up again to normal size the past couple of days.

Got my RapidLED kit in the mail yesterday. Started the build and got my layout all done I will tackle gutting the Hood tomorrow evening.

I've been running Chemi-Pure Elite for the past month and a half... i got the 6.5 oz version... should I bee switching it out now?

I think that may be why I keep getting Cyano blooms not sure though.

Green0j0s

Tank update!!

Nano cube upgraded to a 90G with 30 gallon sump. Aqua C skimmer, refugium with cheats and rubble rock. Mag 9.5 return and one MP10 at the moment. Still need to pick up my turtles to add to the display.

It's been up for about a month. But I finally have it all up and running and cleaned up after I mounted the new LED fixtures.

A couple of pics are attached with the lights hanging over the tank.