New 60 cube

Monti1

Hey everyone. I'm getting back into the reef game after being out for quite a while. My last attempt at a reef tank was short lived with the birth of my first child about 4 years ago. Things have settled and my wife and I purchased our first home. With that was a free pass to set up a new tank. So far I've gathered up a good amount of new and used equipment. Here's what I have so far:

60 gallon rimless cube
Used MP10 quiet drive
Used RKL
2 used AI Vega LED fixtures
New fluval SP2 return pump
New Aquamaxx COS1 skimmer
New Air Water Ice 4 stage RODI
Test kits, refractometer, filter socks, etc

I still have a ton to purchase but I'm off to a good start. My tank will be in the family room against the wall directly next to the laundry room where I will most likely be running a remote sump with more room for equipment, refuge, ATO etc. Still trying to work that out with the wife... ha lol.

I'll be picking some brains here on equipment and thoughts as I go seeing I've been out of the game for a while. I'll thank everyone in advance. Thanks for taking a look.

Rick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

faisal629

Nice! I have the same cube...looking forward to see it come to life!

Monti1

Thanks guys! I ordered a bunch of more stuff this week. Heaters, spare pumps, supplies for a water change station. All sorts of misc items. Next purchase is rock. I'm thinking about going the dry rock route and curing it in a rubber maid container while I set up the tank, water change station, etc. Any input on where to get rock? I've looked BRS, Marco Rocks, Marine Depot, etc. all fairly close in price.

Codeman28

I always have good luck with Marco Rocks, they seem to give you more rock than you purchase plus if you have an idea of what you want your aquascape to be they will send you pieces that fit your idea.

Monti1

I always have good luck with Marco Rocks, they seem to give you more rock than you purchase plus if you have an idea of what you want your aquascape to be they will send you pieces that fit your idea.
I used them in my last system and was happy. I just picked up some dry rock locally and may order a small box from them to make sure I have enough. Almost time to cook some rocks...