New additions!

ultimatemj

Stoked! Great replacement for my Terelabrus...and it's a juvi!

Eating mysis and pellets on day1!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ultimatemj

Well, this is interesting....

When the Opercularis matrured it didn't turn out to be "candy cane", it has yellow markings. So I reached out to LiveAquaria/DiversDen and asked them if they were sure this was an Opercularis, as I'd heard about another version called a "Kimura" that had lots of yellow. They reassured me my fish was Opercularis.

Well, recently Reefbuilders just posted another article about a new Bodianus species...Bodianus bennetti.

Fairly sure this is what I've got~
View attachment 18825View attachment 18823View attachment 18824

Sorry about the poor pic highlighting my acrylic sratches....damn coraline algae is a PITA to get off acrylic!

Last edited:

ultimatemj

Nah, I actually like the candy cane look better....I bought the opercuaris instead of the less expensive "common" candy hog (sepiacaudus) because the colors were more crisp and supposedly they were better behaved and didn't eat inverts. The bennetti eats inverts...

I guess it would be better for me if I sold it for more than I pair....but the price I paid was already stupid high.

Don't get me wrong I really like the fish! But in a 55g he is becoming large enough (4") that I would consider moving him for the right price.

MMreef

Awesome, I wish I could put it in my deepwater tank, but they get big and aggressive, worry about my anthias .