New Animal Planet Series: Tanked

Pufferpunk

Yeah, if you call taking a puffer out of water so it can puff up with air & possibly die, entertaining... :(

lunacris

Besides that. Show looks pretty cool. I agree doesn't justify scareing animal but I also love shark week that does similaar things.

WeePee

watching it now.
good god this show is trash.

the best thing so far has been the shots of las vegas blvd.

BlakeT

Really cool concept and tank designs but they have no idea what they are doing with livestock. For example-
They filled a 1100 gallon tank with tap water and added the fish hours after the tank was installed and filled with water. You could see how heavily those fish were breathing in the footage. I would like to know how many fish they lost in the following weeks. It seems that they have no regard for aquatic life and it's all dollar signs to them. They need to hire someone who really knows their fish and that will steer them in the right direction to actually keep the fish alive in the long run.

WeePee

Really cool concept and tank designs but they have no idea what they are doing with livestock. For example-
They filled a 1100 gallon tank with tap water and added the fish hours after the tank was installed and filled with water. You could see how heavily those fish were breathing in the footage. I would like to know how many fish they lost in the following weeks. It seems that they have no regard for aquatic life and it's all dollar signs to them. They need to hire someone who really knows their fish and that will steer them in the right direction to actually keep the fish alive in the long run.
i know right?
did you see how quickly, and horribly they stocked the "ny phone booth tank"? not to mention they had a bubbler in it? they stuck like 9 yellow tangs in that thing for the reason of "there are few fully yellow fish and they look like taxis". they should have at least added some clean up crew inverts to eat the dead fish that will soon be filling that tank.

the only good thing about "Tanked" is that it introduced me to "hillbilly handfishin'" which is actually a good show, where they actually seem to know something about their job.

BlakeT

Yeah, that phone booth tank was ridiculous. Once again, it was a cool concept and creative the way they put it together but they did a horrible job stocking it.
All those damsels are going have an all out war once they settle in. I would really like to see how these tanks are looking a few months down the road...

DJE

How about when they added buckets of ice into the Mob theme tank cause it was up to 90 degrees. I can't believe those fish are still alive today. I wouldn't even add a damsel in my tank while it was cycling and they added sweetlips, tangs and all sort of other nice fish.

Greg

This show is beyond embarrassing to true reefers.
Someone will watch this show, think it’s that easy to make an aquarium, and kill everything in the tank.

The people who I see going to this company are just as uneducated as the people actually working there.

This show may cause the unnecessary deaths to thousands of animals.
This show should be taken off the air.

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
This show is beyond embarrassing to true reefers.
Someone will watch this show, think it’s that easy to make an aquarium, and kill everything in the tank.

The people who I see going to this company are just as uneducated as the people actually working there.

This show may cause the unnecessary deaths to thousands of animals.
This show should be taken off the air.
+1

DanSreef

Premium member
I watched the first two shows last night and really could not believe my eyes. The tanks are pretty cool...but I would have to believe not much lives beyond a few days or weeks when those tanks take a $hit.

I would love to have the ability and the dollars to create a custom tank like that though.... My house would have a couple atleast!

mr_z

Nice tanks but bad practices ppl probably do think it's easy but then they'll start it and boom it goes to hell. Bet you they use that quick cycling bacteria stuff.

---
- Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lunacris

this show is awsome except for the way they introduce the livestock im with you guys. i dont always follow the "rules" but introducing hundreds even thousands of dollars in fish to a tank the same day as tank being set up is a bit rediculous all those poor fish will suffer one way or another its a shame now people will moc this and wonder why everything dies

gig

I just watched this last night, had it on the DVR. OMG...the practices were downright scary, I'm just wondering if they do this for show/effect? or do they really pump tap water into a tank, mix salt and throw in thousands of dollars worth of fish within hours because "the pH is right"? GMAFB!

I would think a company like that has premixed saltwater and cured liverock/filter media ready to go to handle that sort of bioload, but I still have my doubts.

the 90 degree water thing made me laugh, then pouring ice into it was even better!.

The phonebooth aquarium, great as an "art piece", but what a terrible design for a salt water tank, very little surface area and packed to the gills with mean little fish.