New Build (Biocube 29) -- Last new build for a while

Rallos

Hey guys,

As you may or may not know the wife has decreed that we have a tank with a lid so the kiddo can't reach inside. Gives me an excuse to upgrade! So I went with a Biocube 29. Going to run with the IM Desktop skimmer, rip out the stock T5 lighting and put in my radion xr 15 pro and use my mp10 for a powerhead.

Got my egg crate cut and mortared some of my scape so far but need some inspiration.

This is what I have so far:

View attachment 14762

I am going to use the far right piece from the current tank and am thinking I could break up the huge shelf rock in the middle to make some even crazier ledges and overhangs, what do you guys think?

View attachment 14763

I also have these pieces to work with:

View attachment 14764

View attachment 14765

MMreef

Nice aquascape, i like the cave and overhangs, what mortar did you use to keep your rocks tougher? What are your plans for livestock?

MMreef

That's what I thought, I used this mortar before too, and is great, best thing about is no need to wait long time to cure.

Rallos

Yeah. It will cure underwater also. Just wait an hour before putting it in the tank for best results.

The marcorocks kit is really nice. You get a bucket, mortar powder, bonding liquid and a little mixer thing.