New build the 180's replacement......

I GUESS ITS TIME TO LET THE CAT OUT OF THE BAG.... TAKING THE 180 DOWN BECAUSE I WANT TO CHANGE SOME THINGS AS FAR AS EQUIPMENT AND PLUMBING AND EASE OF MAINTENANCE... HERES THE NEW BUILD... ITS GOING TO TAKE A 120 OR THE DSA 105 SO BASICALLY A 48" X 24" TANK.... I HAVE CHOSEN A TRIGGER SYSTEMS EMERALD 39 SUMP AND THAT'S ABOUT ALL.... HERE IS WHERE IT STANDS AT THE MOMENT ITS MADE OUT OF HIGH GRADE 5/4 PINE FOR ACCURACY AND STRAIGHTNESS WHILE NOT BREAKING THE BANK. POTENTIALLY SKINNING IT WITH SOMETHING FANCY. THE TANK SITS ON THE RIGHT AND THE LEFT SIDE BENCH GOES UNDER MY WINDOW AND WILL HOUSE ALL SORTS OF EXTRAS.

Nice work, I wish my wood working skills didn't suck so bad.

Lets here more about what looks like a 69/70 Chevy in the background.

Mjl714

I like how the custom stand will work with window, and really make your setup fit right in your home. Good looking working area.

THANKS TO ENZO I GOT THE TANK PICKED UP FROM AQUATICA
THEN I DID SOME PAINTING WHICH I HATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

A LITTLE TRIM WORK

SOME MORE FINISHING WORK!!!!! UGH

ITS ALMOST DONE! I TRIPLE COATED ALL OF THE TRIM AND OUTER SURFACES WITH VARNISH LAST NIGHT.... SANDED EVERYTHING BETWEEN COATS SO ITS TOTALLY A FURNITURE GRADE FINISH AND WITH SOME NEW TOOLS I BOUGHT THE STAND IS SO SQUARE ITS AMAZING...

LOOKING FORWARD TO DOING THE TOPS TONIGHT? THANKS FOR ALL THE KIND WORDS SO FAR! ITS THE THIRD TIME AROUND AND I THINK I FINALLY HAVE IT ALL FIGURED OUT :)

Spartanman22

Painting is the worst part of a build hands down! The stand looks great I'm looking forward to seeing it in the final location

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks guys its not as elaborate as some of my last builds but I've learned some tricks and tips to make things easier ect. I chose a higher quality sump this time around and i am running flex drains with a gate valve right off the bulkhead under the tank... they are so quiet on my 34 gallon in my room its insane...

i cant wait till i build my house in a few years my inwall/fishroom will be perfect... thats why I chose not to setup another 180+ size tank at the moment since i will be moving in three years or less hopefully... heck i wouldn't be taking the 180 down if I didn't need to.

Wildisme

Got to see this in person yesterday. Coming along very nicely. Great looking stock going in here too once it's done.

Built the surround

Two hydra 52 will be racked off the center bar.
I'm almost afraid this will be too much light... Considering using two 26's instead but I have three 52's that are non hd from my current 180 setup... Any suggestions? What do you guys think of the setup? It will float above the tank. I'm making some custom mounts once it's all together

Most of the staining is also done and all the tops and light surround got their first coat of varnish just now.

ultimatemj

Depends on how high above the water this will be. I had to go with 3 led fixtures, running at 60%, to avoid shadowing & hot spots. But if this is ~10" or more above the water you can probably just use 2 cranked up

Depends on how high above the water this will be. I had to go with 3 led fixtures, running at 60%, to avoid shadowing & hot spots. But if this is ~10" or more above the water you can probably just use 2 cranked up

it will be about 10" off the water.... I don't think i'm gonna need to crank them up that much.... Im mainly a Mixed reef guy