New features - 12-08-2014: PM updated and members map

jrpark22000

Premium member
Hi CR,

I've been tweaking some things and added a cool feature. So far it's not the most accurate but I thought we'll give it a shot. It's a member's map for the people currently active on the board. The other option of listing all 3K registered users takes far too long to load the page. If it can resolve your IP address, it'll drop a flag on the map for where it thinks you are. Well, so far it's quite off. Let's give it some time and see if it works better. The link to the MAP is at the TOP of every page.

Second is the PM feature. It looks/feels much better IMO. It shows avatars, places handy links at the top of the page and not the bottom, and give me a few other options I'll look at adding in the near future.

The other small tweak is the stats at the bottom of the page in the "What's Going On?" Also now has avatars and some cool stats about the site's usage.

Let me know if you see any problems that arise.
-Josh

Last edited:

jrpark22000

Premium member
Also upgraded the Post Reporting function. You now have the option to request s post move as an option.

rowdie

I'm getting an error when i try to visit the home page saying i don't have permission to access the page. Never had this error before, so not sure if it's related to this update, but just thought I'd bring it to your attention.

jrpark22000

Premium member
I'm getting an error when i try to visit the home page saying i don't have permission to access the page. Never had this error before, so not sure if it's related to this update, but just thought I'd bring it to your attention.
Thanks Rowdie! I've got it corrected and working on the permanent fix.

jrpark22000

Premium member
Second is the PM feature. It looks/feels much better IMO. It shows avatars, places handy links at the top of the page and not the bottom, and give me a few other options I'll look at adding in the near future.
I was hoping, but at this time we won't be able to add a feature to allow Attachments in PMs. This was a big goal to try to add but there is a road block.

jrpark22000

Premium member
Happy to announce one of the new features has been disabled. The PM enhancement also enabled a PM to be generated everytime you were mentioned. It took some time to find the setting, but it has now been disabled. You'll no longer get both a notification and a PM for each mention.