New fish in town

Bommie

What ive done in the past is to remove the aggressive fish in to the sump for a week or two. It gives time for the new fish to get comfortable and build its self-esteem to fight back. Eventually it works out. Well it has for me anyway.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

#theMatrix

[MENTION=1658]Rcunning8[/MENTION]
Ive picked up some tips along the way

What ryan said and helps. Is to kill the lights so the tank goes into sleep mode thus allowing the new fish to wonder around for the most part will not. It will stay in a corner catching its breath. If just chucked in the other fish feel the fast pace breathing from the new fish they see it as weakness and will dominate.
Leave the lights off couple hours

What i do now is float the new fish if gotten from a store and i know the fish is eating and has been there a while (2weeks) so when my lights go out if fish needs a bath i do a 25min fresh water bath followed by a 25min prazipro bath then into the tank since the tank is in sleep mode it goes to its corner. So if the next morning with ambient light from the room and aggression starts i place couple fish nets around in the tank so the fish go into (oh shit mode) and show fear...they will not atack for the most part.

Gary 2.0 has been sumped on occasions because his bite is a kill bite.

Also. This is all normal they are establishing the hierchy of dominance

Last edited:

anarchy

I just let fish fight Club go down. Normally lasts for the first day or 2 then done. Havnt lost any fish but I watch them closely to make sure the new one isn't getting killed

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

wrasse

who is he new fish?
Depending upon what type of fish the new guy is may change how you put them in the tank.
The box works great+1

madjoe

Premium member
New fish not here but planning on get a powder blue over the weekend
Oh daym definitly want no one bothering that u need zero stress enviroment or those things bam get ich . Even to long in the aclimation box can cause that fish stress . Its a tough fish to keep happy . Ive had good luck with a few i put em straight into dt and made sure the size of them were bigger then rest of fish and feed metro and focus treated food for first two months

wrasse

Anybody say QT
Fish like that going into display may cause you a lot of problems
Make sure he is healthy going in the display.
If you are worried about aggressors pull the aggressor and put the aggressor in your sump.
Beautiful fish the powder blue.
Good luck let us know how it goes

Last edited:

Sawdonkey

Premium member
My PBT experience went like this....bought a beautiful specimen right from the big display tank at Old Town Aquarium and paid Sa too much for him. Got him home and put him in with my triggers, naso, and lemon peel. No aggression, but in one day, covered in Ich and in a day or so, all fish were covered. Moved everyone from my 90 into my old 55 and treats with cupramine. At about one month, the fish couldn't handle the small conditions and were beating each other up badly. I was forced to put them back in the 90 even though it had only been one month. No ich ever since then and he only shows aggression to then naso, but it isn't consistent. I've had mine since about 2010.

My advice is to definitely QT a PBT because it is HIGHLY likely to be carrying ich. I'd worry about the aggression second.

carmelpi

We had a problem with one of our triggers being a turd. My bf threw a rock in "his" cave and he was so mad that he spent the next four hours dragging the rock (bigger than him) back OUT of the cave, completely forgetting new fish in the process. Now they are best buds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk