New Fish Introduction Thread

New Fish

very nice ! what is your guys qt process?
Thank you and great question!

We acclimate and quarantine our saltwater fish shipments according to the requirements of the species. Fish are held in copper to prevent the spread of parasites including ich, except those that are intolerant of copper medication. We also run UV sterilizers on all of our saltwater fish systems. Susceptible fish are dipped for flukes prophylactically. Any affected fish that we find are fully treated again before the fish is offered for sale. Any visible bacterial or fungal infections that arise during the quarantine process are treated as needed.

The greatest advantage of quarantine however, is to give the fish time to acclimate to captivity and rebound from their time in the "supply chain". Their time in the "supply chain" is very stressful to fish and can weaken them significantly. Quarantine not only means that we treat and observe the fish for a period prior to offering them for sale, it also means we take the majority of the losses from shipping as opposed to spreading those losses out to our customers. It also means the fish we sell are safer to add to your display tanks, although we always recommend that people perform their own quarantine if they have a particularly large or valuable collection. This process increases the value of the fish we sell, yet our prices remain very competitive.

Paid for the Leopard Blue Star..Cannot wait ...Still in the QT for a week or so...

Better keep a good one for me :)
Thank you for stopping by! We got your PM and will let you know when your new fish is ready for pickup!

ninjamyst

Premium member
Every fish I bought from New Fish has been super healthy and disease free. Can't say the same about another LFS that infected my tank with ich and killed everything. TWICE.

New Fish

Every fish I bought from New Fish has been super healthy and disease free. Can't say the same about another LFS that infected my tank with ich and killed everything. TWICE.
JC we are happy to hear that the fish you purchased from us are doing well and sorry to hear about the problems with your tank. Always remember that we carry a wide range of fish medications, test kits, and quarantine supplies in case anything arises in the future! We'll be sure to keep an eye out for the fish we discussed in PM as well!

maidia

Team CR
I bought a Midas year ago and still in my SPS tank...Good QT system for fish there...Saw lot of nice fish today too...Saw very nice baby Potter Angel but sold...Dammit.
Thanks you anyway...