New Forum Admin/Owner

jrpark22000

Premium member
Hi CR!

I’ve worked with Mike(EyeReef) and have purchased the site and will be its new admin. I’m not new to the forum or to reefing, but I don’t live in Chicago :lol: I do live just across the IL border in NWI (aka Japan.) Let me put any unease to rest, the site won’t be getting any major changes. The existing moderator base, site format and day to day operation will all remain the same. The current sponsors, POTM, TOTQ(quarterly TOTM), featured LFS, giveaways and other activities will also all be continued (look forward to a new giveaway very soon.) I’ll be giving the site the same attention to detail and level of care as I give to my reef, for any of you who have seen it or read the write up.

What I am planning first, is a server move in the short term future. There will be quite a bit done behind the scenes but I’ll leave out the geeky details. They’ll be changes to ensure the DB backup is safe and usable, creating a separate test bed for forum changes/upgrades/enhancements and lastly, redundancy for failures. I have resources in place to ensure if any obstacle is outside my ability, talented people are a call away to get them resolved.

A necessary note to all users who CONSTANTLY want to be painful to the community. As a community, using the moderators and user input, you will be removed from the forum. Two such painful users that had been warned several times were recently removed. To all others, I’m sorry for the note but don’t be worried. Please continue to post as you have been.

Mike(EyeReef) will continue to stay a premium member and a sponsor for Premier Reef, http://www.socalireefs.com/. I welcome you all to check out the site as we’ll soon have the sponsor section open for him.

I hope this can ease any uneasy feelings in the community regarding the site and its future. I can always be reached via PM or text (for those of you with my info.) Feel free to use this thread for comments, questions and concerns. As I plan for the move, I'll post new threads with the progress and any service disruptions. I’m also looking forward to growing the community. If you have ideas, please start a thread in suggestions area, send a PM to a moderator or myself.

-Josh

SkullV

About time Josh!! Can't wait to see what you do with the place. Congrats, and like I said before, I'd be happy to help with TOTM/POTM stuff if you would like to get that going again.

lunacris

welcome and congrats ! look forward to the future and continued success of the forum ! once again congrats !