New Forum Admin/Owner

jrpark22000

Premium member
Thanks All! Glad I could be the one to keep the community alive and thriving.

Congrats are you changing it to Indiana Reefs?
Nah, why go and ruin a good thing. I might be tempted to increase all Indiana reefers to a new premium member level :lol:

Chicagoreefs sponsored swap in the near future?
Not in the near future. With the NWI swap coming up and with all the work I need to get done with the site, lets work on a spring swap for 2015. Volunteers to help coordinate it are very welcome.

Funlad3

Awesome that one of our best members now has control of the forum! Great buy, Josh! Glad you got it. :)

madjoe

Premium member
Heres my smart azz remark .

Have good day lol
And congrates on purchase and its like a reef goal is dont crash it

Last edited:

jrpark22000

Premium member
Flash back time. It's been a year already, WOW.

I have to say it was as big of a challenge as anticipated, huge. The time and effort to be able to support the forum, get it onto the new server, setting up off site backups, and the rest of the mile long list, is uncountable. It's easily over 1000 hours, but all well worth it. The site is running smoothly both mechanically and socially.

I'd like to make a very large THANK YOU to all of you chicago and surrounding area Reefers. With all of your input to the community, it's in a lot better shape, is friendlier and a happier place. I've been able to meet and talk with a lot of you in the last year in person or through email/pm. There are a lot of really good people in the community and I'm glad to be able to help maintian a place for you all to call home or just visit.

With that, Fall isn't too far away and the hobby will pick back up as people return indoors. Enjoy the great weather while it's here!