New Here!

Thedg

Hey everyone, I have been meaning to check out/join up here forever now. I think what finally prompted and forced the action was finding a replacement for Midwest Coral Farms! I live in Elmwood Park(North Ave/Harlem Ave). I work in the Skokie area so MCF wasn't a terrible after work stop. Any advice? I can't stand Old Orchard.

WindyCityReefs

Hey Dave. We are actually going to be going live very shortly with our website. Windycityreefs.com We actually have a location up in Evanston that you will be able to do free pickup. Goto our sponsor section and sign up for our newsletter and like us on FB. Windycityreefs... We are picking up lots of stock as we speak and getting a sweet Aussie shipment on Tuesday. Eric and I are on this board all the time and local... Let us know if you have any specific requests so we can keep an eye for you.

Thanks
-J

Saledo

Welcome Dave! Once WindyCityReefs opens, I would definitely recommend them, they are great guys. Until then Lisle is about a 30 minute drive from you and I would recommend Brian at Reefwise, I also have had good interactions at Reef City Aquatics but Frankfort is probably too great of a haul without a lot of time.

Dave

Saledo

Dave hows that carpet nem doing?
I think its doing ok, still has all its color, but it wedged itself deep into a rock that makes it barely visible, which is kind of annoying since I think its pretty cool looking lol. Its pretty deep in there, I fed it some Mysis shrimp today which was cool to watch it eat. Hopefully it knows best for itself and is ok that far back out of flow.

View attachment 5185