"new iPad" hard case recommendation?

FishBeard

I know the "new iPad" is still fairly new, but we just picked ours up yesterday, and I'm in search of a good snap-on back case. What I understand is the iPad 2 snap-ons don't fit well since the new one is microscopically thicker or some bull like that. So anyways, who has any advice about these style cases for the new one and which do you recommend? I'm going with an open front and screen protector so it doesn't matter if it's smart cover compatible or not.

richiet

I'd stay away from the Belkin ones. I've had two and they've all broken within a few months. The corners end up cracking

fredfish13

Got a switcheasy for the ipad2. Like it so far. Back snaps in. No issues yet. Also has the magnet that shuts off iPad when you close the flap.

FishBeard

So I ended up getting an incipio vegan leather kickstand folio and it came with a stylus. Was cheap, built really well, and looks great. Unfortunately thou it's enormous and heavy, so I think I'll be reserving this case for limited use. I placed a 2nd order for the incipio flagship hard shell folio to give this new case a try. Was a little pricier but early reviews from reputable sources slate this case as one of the best for the new iPad. Very slim, full protection, and sexy carbon fiber/brushed aluminum look with a unique hinged design. Adds very little extra bulk to the iPad so it won't feel like hauling around a hardcover book everywhere.

gig

I just got an iPad3 and bought the leather (maybe faux) Griffin one that is made for the 2 and the 3, it actually works well, like the original ipad 1 apple case, but different material. It has the same ability to fold the back so it props up and contains the magnet to tell the ipad to turn off and on. it was $30 at best buy.

FishBeard

Just an update for the iPad 3/2 users, the flagship folio from incipio is sweet! Definitely worth the buy if you get it on sale, I wouldn't spend the $70 full price thou. It's a little heavy but adds very little actual bulk to the iPad, and provides hard plastic shell protection to the device all around, while leaving all ports and buttons open for access. It has 2 very nice typing positions and like 14 viewing angles depending how you set the hinge mechanism. I'll probably still order a skin sticker for the back of the iPad to protect against scratches, since there's still nothing like a naked iPad for reading a book on the couch or in bed, but for traveling out of the house the only thing this case is missing is a stylus holder.