New Tank! 150 gallon

After my mini tank crash a few months ago I was bored and looking through the good ol craigslist. Found this 150, tank, stand, sump and canopy for a good deal so I hopped on it. View attachment 21095
Picked up a skimz sm201 skimmer, current usa dc pump, finnex heater and controller, grounding rod and some bricks for the sump
Everything else transferred from the 75. Lights are still tbd

I repainted that stand and beefed it up a little, did a good cleaning on it. Got is cycling for about 6 weeks
View attachment 21096

All parameters were in check so I added a couple of fish a week ago, all was well so I started the move from my 75 http://www.chicagoreefs.com/forums/showthread.php/31600-New-tank-setup
Fish went into the 150, all my corals went into a 55 for a little bit.
Stock list so far:
Coral Beauty
2 yellow tangs
2 green chromis
2 golden dwarf moray eels
Blue throat trigger
hawkfish
and 2 snowflake clowns

Still debating the rest
View attachment 21097
View attachment 21098

Thanks! I am excited to have all this extra room. Anyone have input on lights? I have the kessils left from the 75, thought about getting another two. Then I saw the Maxspect ethereals. I want to keep it below $1000.
Primary corals will be LPS, Zoas, and Nems. There are too many choices!

I am going to clean up the sump area this weekend, need some longer tubes for the reactors and uv in order to hang them.

pkajp

Where did you find the tank FS looking for the same dimensions, just hard to find

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ran some tests, everything was checking out mint, did a small water change and
Picked up a trio of Bimaculatus Anthias from Reefwise, these guys are awesome!
I also found a few small aiptasia on my live rock that was in my sump of the old tank
so I got a peppermint shrimp, they only had one, hopefully he takes a liking to it.
View attachment 21190
View attachment 21191

windycty420

Looking good bro. Glad your back on track. Its good when you can enjoy looking at your tank and not dealing with all the other problems in this addiction/hobby.