New tank. ADA 60-F Bommie style! 9 gallon shallow

milk

without further adieu, here some shots of the new tank lightly stocked..

the milliepora got a little bleached when I shocked it under the LEDs in the old tank.. it was also shadowed in some part under the pagoda cup and all the rocks and small area for such a big piece in the old 10 gallon. Looks like its coming back though

oh by the way - the scary, shoeprint 2x4 board is just a rustic lighting situation for the moment until I get my track-lighting 'on.

Also gotta hit up steve for an mp10 guard v2.0 to keep that sand from futzin around

I think I did something right on this one though..

future stocking includes a torch fatty, dendro and maybe a clam eventually.

so far I have the milliepora, pagoda cup, small red monti cap and a duncan in the back

bluestripe pipefish and maybe a couple of eviota gobies

Inverts - going to put a cleaner shrimp, pom pom and maybe a fiddler and some hermits - any suggestions for inverts?

link to build thread - http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=286456&st=0

SkullV

Nice tank! Pull that carpet and get some high density foam under that rimless ASAP though!

FishBeard

It looks great, if you don't mind my asking, how do you keep the rock sticking out of the water from getting die-off being exposed to air like that?

milk

It looks great, if you don't mind my asking, how do you keep the rock sticking out of the water from getting die-off being exposed to air like that?

Thanks - the rock out of the water actually stays wet somehow - the rock is very cavernous and there's 'tidepool' like areas that keep it all most. I was going to rig some small loctite tubing to run from the return over the top, but it doesn't look like it really needs it..

milk

Wow this is different,what's in the sump?
:sad (2): Sump has the algae scrubber that you can see suspended above (water flows from over flow, down across algae scrubber and into the sump)..

A lot of live rock, some chaeto, heater and return pump!

Algae scrubber and rock are the only filtration!

Jep21

Are you using PAR led lightings for ur tank? Oh tanks for the PAR30 light.. Its awesome :] if you got more let me knw.lol

milk

Are you using PAR led lightings for ur tank? Oh tanks for the PAR30 light.. Its awesome :] if you got more let me knw.lol

I'm using a single par38 12k nanotuner bulb - not sure what optics though ... I really like the white color more than blue IMO. Glad you like the light though, that was the only one I had!

poidog

Interesting set up. What kind of sand is that because it looks strange, could be because it's so fine.

SkullV

Thanks - I was thinking that the sump looks kind of scary bowing out like that - I might double it up with another rubbermaid just to be sure.
Just get a real black rubbermade and you will be good to go. I used one of those blue/green ones as well for curing rock. Scared the crap out of me but never actually burst.

What are your plans for refinishing the cabinet?

milk

Just get a real black rubbermade and you will be good to go. I used one of those blue/green ones as well for curing rock. Scared the crap out of me but never actually burst.

What are your plans for refinishing the cabinet?
skull - you can get em at home depot?.. I dunno if theres any that will fit inside the cabinet - its a specific size, see.. unless they have one with those exact dimmensions.. thats misleading - it says rubbermade on the bin on the one I have

I'm probably going to paint the handles some combination of teal and yellow ochre - also paint the trim something to that effect.

I plan to put in some thin panel across the spaces to cover up those light leaks~