New to Chicago Reefs

jhilbruner

Hi,

I happened across this forum doing some research for my tank. I'm fairly new to saltwater. Had my tank up for about a year and still learning. I have a 90 gallon tank with a 30 gallon sump. Only 2 chromis and a maroon clownfish, 2 bta, acans, and a few euphyillas. Eventually will get more for the tank.

Jeff

windycty420

Welcome to chicagoreefs. There are great people here and will help find answer to questions or problems you may have.

jhilbruner

Yes, I just hooked up 2 euphotica led lights. I just have a Mega Flow model 3 sump with an eshopps skimmer and Jebao wave maker. A year ago I put in about 75 pounds of marco dry rock and 10 pounds of live along with a sand bed.

jhilbruner

Not sure exactly what I want to add. I was thinking of a plate coral and trying out a monti. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

jrpark22000

Premium member
Not sure exactly what I want to add. I was thinking of a plate coral and trying out a monti. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
No experience with plates, but there are many monti's to try that are easy way to get into sps. You're a long way for my PIF frags, there is likely someone closer who'll offer the same.

anarchy

I've got a nice size red monti that I Accidently broke off the other day that you can have and we are basically neighbors lol