New to SPS

Bella Reefs

This is a 30 galllon tank

Just started adding a sps I don’t know if I should dose or not I only gave alk and cal test and nitrates and nitrites haven’t bought anything else
Alk-7.4
Cal-350ppm
Nit’s 0-0.25
What other test is a asap buy ??

Also I I have had my sand in some part turning brown on me. I think that has to be something with my phosphates?? That tear is coming in the mail, so I lost a damsel but couldn’t ever find the body that was like 4 weeks ago and then I lost my clowns one jumped out and the other no where to be seen I also haven’t seen my dragon goby so I can only assume my clean up crew ate them but it can’t be my water bc I have a chromis and a baby tang there (yea yea I know way to small but I am putting her in a 120 this month so no worries there ) so can be that they are dying bc of the water so my only thought that one or two of the BTA ate them could that be ?? And how do I fix the brown sad problems ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GugsJr

TeamCR
We need more info

Lights, flow, time tank has been running.

You calcium is low if it's at 350, try to get it to 420.

As far as test you'll also want to test phosphates and mag.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Bella Reefs

Lights I got Prime HD and flow I have a icecap 1k at 20%and the tank had been up for 1 year

I don’t dose I use redsea coral pro but if I need to dose then I would switch to the regular Red Sea and buy brs two part

Cubano32

Premium member
Any pics of what your sand looks like that is turning brown

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

madjoe

Premium member
How old is the tank the sand issue sounds like diatom bloom and will go away with time. Also could be not enough flow issue .

Bella Reefs

My salinity is at 1.025
I could put the gyer higher but it blows the crap out of my anemone so I don’t put it higher
So what causes diatom bloom ??

Also what salt should I use I currently use redsea coral pro but thinking about dosing should I keep the salt or should I switch ??

Bella Reefs

I’ll try to get pictures of once my whites come up they stated ramping up so whites should be on shortly

Bella Reefs

Do you test your saltwater before you add it to the tank? I use RSCP and I haven't had that issue.
No I haven’t tested it before I added it but I will the next time I do a water change I do it once a week? Do you still dose??

fishyfish22

Premium member
I dont dose.i have a calcium reactor though but it's more of refill and even before it my numbers werent that low. Test your freshly made saltwater before you add it to the tank, see if the numbers come out to what's on the bucket/estimated online.