New! Trying to connect, see what I am bringing to the table.

Reefscubed

Hey all, Looking forward to learn and help out around the forum. Really looking to connect with some reefers around the west suburbs of Chicago and Milwaukee area. Im in my early 20's and really want to help younger people and individuals of my age to get into this art. I get around a lot between Chicago area, Milwaukee, and even Cali where I have family. I collect a lot of coral, mostly sticks and various chalice, acans, and shrooms. I work with my two brothers and father to collect and sell frags and products to local LFS. My style of reefing is large refugium, minimal water changes, and dosing. I have a redsea 350, redsea 170, and a larger Rubbermaid frag system. I like to keep it as natural and automatic as possible. My favorite thing to do, and my style of reefing you could say, consists of collecting unique corals and their color variants and grouping them together in my display to illustrate a stark contrast in color but a cool familiar texture and structure. I like to keep a mixed reef and I really enjoy stocking with wrasses. Like I said earlier I collect a lot, buy a lot, and trade a lot of coral. If your looking for certain piece or something to fill a whole in your display let me know. I always have extra and I'd love to help you get that easy and cheap if you're in the area. Ive got lost of equipment old and new and I'm quite adept in the freshwater sense if anyone interested in that too, I do a mean planted beta bowl lol. I've battle a lot of pest in my time and set up, torn down, and moved 5 salt water systems not all my own. I'm into conservation and I believe heavily in aquaculture and people keeping and growing coral to spread some awareness and keep these strains healthy, alive, and stronger then ever. Peace,

Don't be a stranger and see y'all on the forums - Reefs Cubed
Top photo most recent (don't mind my current cyano issue) others are older. I sell most anything out of my tank, if anything interests you I can frag a piece personally.
IMG_2104.JPG6A4AB461-939B-4994-8F52-C972AD68CB84 5.JPG28A9BDC7-2C64-4758-AC0A-5E338CB6454E 5.JPG1353A2F5-01B8-4D9E-8A5A-2A356786CB0D 5.JPGB7DBBA7A-6EE8-48C7-91E0-09B2919FE56F 5.JPG

dvanlier05

Hey all, Looking forward to learn and help out around the forum. Really looking to connect with some reefers around the west suburbs of Chicago and Milwaukee area. Im in my early 20's and really want to help younger people and individuals of my age to get into this art. I get around a lot between Chicago area, Milwaukee, and even Cali where I have family. I collect a lot of coral, mostly sticks and various chalice, acans, and shrooms. I work with my two brothers and father to collect and sell frags and products to local LFS. My style of reefing is large refugium, minimal water changes, and dosing. I have a redsea 350, redsea 170, and a larger Rubbermaid frag system. I like to keep it as natural and automatic as possible. My favorite thing to do, and my style of reefing you could say, consists of collecting unique corals and their color variants and grouping them together in my display to illustrate a stark contrast in color but a cool familiar texture and structure. I like to keep a mixed reef and I really enjoy stocking with wrasses. Like I said earlier I collect a lot, buy a lot, and trade a lot of coral. If your looking for certain piece or something to fill a whole in your display let me know. I always have extra and I'd love to help you get that easy and cheap if you're in the area. Ive got lost of equipment old and new and I'm quite adept in the freshwater sense if anyone interested in that too, I do a mean planted beta bowl lol. I've battle a lot of pest in my time and set up, torn down, and moved 5 salt water systems not all my own. I'm into conservation and I believe heavily in aquaculture and people keeping and growing coral to spread some awareness and keep these strains healthy, alive, and stronger then ever. Peace,

Don't be a stranger and see y'all on the forums - Reefs Cubed
Top photo most recent (don't mind my current cyano issue) others are older. I sell most anything out of my tank, if anything interests you I can frag a piece personally.
View attachment 2828View attachment 2829View attachment 2830View attachment 2831View attachment 2832
Welcome, I remember seeing your post on R2R not to long ago. What are some of your standout pieces?

Reefscubed

Oh awesome I was hoping that would be the case. Nothing too crazy yet, been working up in quality as I acquire the funds and space. Been trying to frag out some colonies. Right now most note worthy colonie/mini colonies would be a pink lemonade, a no-name pink skin green polyp milli, Joe the coral a blue/purpletip green based acro, sea foam green deep water acro. Frags/mini colonies growing out: WD, Hawkins echinata, PC rainbow, Green slimer, RTA rocketman, RTA burning bush, vivids rainbow delight, WWC heart breaker, In cali to grow out: Vivids confetti, RRC pink caddiliac, RRC topicana, RRC OP, JF fox flame, some high end blastos TSA twisted sister, BSA titty twister, lots of nice muschrooms, acans, and montis too. Here are some photos of whats in the main display and most abundent currently. and some odd ball photos.

Joe the coral:
IMG_1916.JPG

Deep water:
IMG_2636.JPGIMG_3220.JPGIMG_3436.JPG

Pink skin green mili:
IMG_3685.JPG

IMG_1626.jpgIMG_1630.JPGIMG_1634.jpgIMG_2430.JPGIMG_2438.JPG