Newer Hanna Alk checker

Does anyone have any news or experience with the HI772? It supposedly is a more accurate test than the HI755, reads measurements in dkH, and also uses a powder for the reagent. I don't really mind using my current ppm and just multiplying by 0.052 to get dkH but with liquid reagent recalls going on and the switch to a powder it's got me worried the HI755 may not be as accurate as I thought.

http://hannainst.com/products/checker-colorimeters/marine-alkalinity-dkh-checkerr-hc-hi772.html

dgagvgeg

kinda makes me mad that i just bought one of the old ones like 3 weeks ago and haven't even used it yet because of the recall, still waiting on them to send me a replacement...

i think i might just keep using the liquid reagent as long as i can keep buying it....the prices have been going up though - it used to be ~$7 on Amazon, now it's up to ~$10 and it's no longer Prime...i have a feeling they are phasing it out in favor of the powder which i simply don't like...it's difficult getting that powder into the vial, i hate doing my PO4 tests because of it

if i have to switch to using powder i think i might try one of the other tests out there

and in all honesty, i don't need readings all that accurate...all i'm looking for in my daily tests are that i don't have any drastic swings

SkullV

From what I understand, it will continue to use liquid reagents. The images on that Hanna site are for the chlorine colorimeter. The description states:

Hanna said:
HI772 Checker® is supplied with (2) sample cuvettes with caps, alkalinity reagent starter kit for 25 tests (1 bottle of alkalinity reagent, 1 ml syringe and tip), *** battery, instructions, and quick start guide.
As far as accuracy, it seems that this meter is really just doing the ppm*.056 for you. Should be nearly identical in every way to the ppm meter. Calculation (copied from RC) is

Resolution 1ppm, Accuracy +-5ppm +-5% of reading is equivalent to
Resolution 0.1 dKH +- 0.3dKH +- 5% reading

From what I understand, it will continue to use liquid reagents. The images on that Hanna site are for the chlorine colorimeter. The description states:

As far as accuracy, it seems that this meter is really just doing the ppm*.056 for you. Should be nearly identical in every way to the ppm meter. Calculation (copied from RC) is

Resolution 1ppm, Accuracy +-5ppm +-5% of reading is equivalent to
Resolution 0.1 dKH +- 0.3dKH +- 5% reading
sweet...thanks for clarifying...i read this post on R2R, checked the website, and indeed it looked as if the reagents were turning powder without reading further down the page

Mjl714

kinda makes me mad that i just bought one of the old ones like 3 weeks ago and haven't even used it yet because of the recall, still waiting on them to send me a replacement...
I got one earlier in the month, from Marine Depot, the reagent is supposedly bad, but tests right on my Salifert, so perhps yours is fine also.