Nikon 1 J1 HELP!!!

anicemess

IMO only mine!!! If you are going to put that much $$ into a camera, you should get a SLR camera so you can upgrade with all kinds of different lenses in years to come. There is only ONE lens with this. With an SLR camera, you can buy a fish eye lens to get the whole tank in one close up shot, or wide angle lenses, macro for super close up, etc. There are sellers on ebay with special rings that will make old lenses from 35mm cameras work so I go to estate sales and buy lenses cheap. The lens with this camera just doesn't give you much to work with except birthday party photos.

IMO only! (I did win a couple of Army photography awards)

DJE

^^^^^^
Thanks... I thought the samething too. Just don't know which camera to present to her. Maybe a D3100

Reef City

Definitely go with a DSLR. My wife loves her camera... she has a Nikon Rebel XT and is addicted to taking macro's lol

anicemess

Rebel is Canon. Get a Canon or a Nikon, they are both high quality for a great price. I don't know about Nikon, but Canon lenses are interchangable. Rebel is the way to go. But don't buy extra lenses at store. Catch them used.

anicemess

My Canon D60 went through 3 military combat tours and only bit the dust when the entire container was blown up. Tough little bugger.

DJE

Definitely go with a DSLR. My wife loves her camera... she has a Nikon Rebel XT and is addicted to taking macro's lol
Cool. Ill look into the Nikon Rebel(just kidding). I've convinced her to hold off which is good cause now I get to pick out a good camera for reef pics too. I'll look into the DSLR cameras (Rebel). Anyone else has any other recommendations please feel free to let me know.

Thanks.

mr_z

This cam actually does have extra lenses 3 only i belive but id rather go with a dslr even tho this camera is a great one. ive tried it a few times and you get quality pictures. But id go with somthing else if you have the money to spend id get a nikon d7000 and a 50mm f/1.8 fixed lens that lens would cost you about 100 bucks used.