No hard plumbing

CienFuegos

Premium member
For those of you who don’t have your tanks hard plumbed.. Did you use braided flex tubing or the pvc flex tuning?

Cubano32

Premium member
For those of you who don’t have your tanks hard plumbed.. Did you use braided flex tubing or the pvc flex tuning?
I just use regular vinyl tubing not the braided kind...I was going to use braided but it's so stiff couldn't make bends that I wanted

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

CienFuegos

Premium member
I’ve read that you could put the braided tubing in a tub with hot water and get it to bend any which way.

goat585

Administrator
I just use regular vinyl hose either clear or black. I have used spa flex in the past in some situations but its not that flexible and is expensive. I'd only use it if you had a specific reason to.

CienFuegos

Premium member
I just use regular vinyl hose either clear or black. I have used spa flex in the past in some situations but its not that flexible and is expensive. I'd only use it if you had a specific reason to.
Hmmm. I hear that the vinyl could get kinks though

Volcano1

The vinyl works better with pressure, it keeps the kinks out. The kinks usually occur if you get the vinyl off a large spool. It seems to always want to flatten. The shorter the run , the less the issue. Spa flex is $$, but you can get some bends using heat gun and or hot water soaking. The braided tends to kink less , but does have same issue. I know some people have used the corrugated type for drain lines. You can usually find it at pool stores. There is a thinner version sometimes at tha big box stores. It isn’t near the price of spa flex, but is pretty rigid for kinks , but flexes easy. I have used all for different situations. Hth’s.

goat585

Administrator
Hmmm. I hear that the vinyl could get kinks though
It can. I usual soak it in hot water before I attach it. It tends to straighten out kinks. I also only use if for short runs. Typically less than a foot or two. I just hard plumb most of it and then use vinyl where hard plumbing is too much of a pain in the butt or where I need a little flexibility like coming out of a pump.