Nori shelf life

rako1

Premium member
So I have a large pack of nori that is about 3 yrs old its been kept dry and is still crisp and green. Question is how long will it be OK to feed my fish.

((FORDTECH))

Premium member
Hmm 3 years is a long time although I don’t think it would harm them assuming there’s no mold or anything bacteria that’s growing on it. I also bet it doesn’t have the nutritional value that it would’ve three years ago, so I would not take the chance. I’d toss it and get a new pack. That’s my opinion

Fish_wiz2

As someone who consumes a lot of nori alongside my fish lol, I'd say toss it. It's cheap enough to get a new pack and it does get stale even if kept dry.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
As someone who consumes a lot of nori alongside my fish lol, I'd say toss it. It's cheap enough to get a new pack and it does get stale even if kept dry.
What brand do you feed your fish? I get “far edge aquatics” off Amazon. $23 for 5.1 oz…which is a lot. Also, what brand do you eat? I get overwhelmed a Jong Boo there are so many choices. I could spend an entire day in that place but my wife and kids are always waiting in the car when I run in to get the sashimi platter.

Fish_wiz2

What brand do you feed your fish? I get “far edge aquatics” off Amazon. $23 for 5.1 oz…which is a lot. Also, what brand do you eat? I get overwhelmed a Jong Boo there are so many choices. I could spend an entire day in that place but my wife and kids are always waiting in the car when I run in to get the sashimi platter.
I feed my fish the same nori I eat, no need to get for fish specific nori. And no fixed brands, I grab whatever catches my eye. You are right the selection is endless, so I'm constantly switching it up, fish probably like it too as they gobble it up. I do prefer unsalted and unfavored/colored nori unless its truly a colored algae they use.