Normal for BTA?

rosko23

I picked up a nice Bta from Happy Coral. It was a little bleached but was doing good in my Nuvo 16 for a week, then like a week ago, it moved pretty much almost hidden under rock. During day it extends slightly (only 1/3 shows) but still looks bleached. I have the AI Sol about my water about 12". At night it literally goes into little ball (inverted almost) almost and completely hides. It ate a little mysis but I don't want to over stress it more... Is this normal? Or should I be worried?

Navycook2

sometimes they hide under the rock if they are stressed!! They will eventually come out when they want. Mine did this for about a month once fully acclimated your BTA will eventually find that cozy spot and foot in!! :) keep your head up

rosko23

sometimes they hide under the rock if they are stressed!! They will eventually come out when they want. Mine did this for about a month once fully acclimated your BTA will eventually find that cozy spot and foot in!! :) keep your head up
I appreciate it man. First tank and first Bta... I've been checking my water like 2-3 times a day thinking something was off... Phew.. I can breath!! Lol

rosko23

I appreciate it guys. Woke up this morning and it's doing it's "normal" half peaking out thing.

m.miller1547

I just realized this, but is the bta I purchased bleached? Either way I love it. U can see the clear/white oral disc.

rosko23

Do you have enough flow on it. Send me a picture, I have not heard anything about this until reading this.
U want a pic of it when it's "balled" up or how it is normally? It is getting medium flow. I put it one place and it moved to another...

trackfast

Princess Trainer
Mine are lighter toward the mouths but that seems normal. I don't have MH or a ton of T5 lighting. None of them have moved further down the rockwork.

rosko23

Yeah mine is Pretty bleached... Was a little bleached when I got him, but since has gotten more white. I don't know if the LED's are too much? It was out in the open for a couple of days, but one day it moved and since has not come back out.

FishBeard

Yeah mine is Pretty bleached... Was a little bleached when I got him, but since has gotten more white. I don't know if the LED's are too much? It was out in the open for a couple of days, but one day it moved and since has not come back out.
Either too intense light, too long photoperiod or water parameters off or fluctuating too much. These will all stress a nem and cause the zooxanthele to "jump ship". I have one nem that just wouldn't play nice and stay anywhere viewable so I kept moving it, and that stressed it out losing its color, it has since begun to regain its color since I left it alone. I will probably just sell it once it's colored back up and healthy since I dont want a nem that I can't enjoy looking at always hiding out of view.

rosko23

Either too intense light, too long photoperiod or water parameters off or fluctuating too much. These will all stress a nem and cause the zooxanthele to "jump ship". I have one nem that just wouldn't play nice and stay anywhere viewable so I kept moving it, and that stressed it out losing its color, it has since begun to regain its color since I left it alone. I will probably just sell it once it's colored back up and healthy since I dont want a nem that I can't enjoy looking at always hiding out of view.
Yeah I've checked water religiously. That's what I thought it was at first but it's been right on. I basically haven't touched it and have let it do it's thing. That's what I was told. Told it may take a month or more to come out.

rosko23

this is day one when I put it in, and day 3 after it moved. When lights come on I will take a pic of it now.

rosko23

Here is a pic of it this afternoon.. you can see the color faintly... and the 2nd pic of it was about an hr ago.... really hard to see it bc it is balled up under the rock... it just started to come back out about 5 min ago.. it does this nightly I've noticed...