not good!

Pufferpunk

Yes, if he has no fish it shouldn't hurt anything to release the toxic gas. Otherwise, he might just want to siphon out the sand & start over with seeded sand.

scotty

yeah you gotta do something, cuase that isn't good, NOT GOOD! haha srsly though, if you need a cup of sand, im sure someone will give you one.

scotty

the AV in bollingbrook went really really downhill since Ive been there. i wouldn't get anything from them honestly, unless its the half off sale.

20 mins up 355 and you can get trop-aquatics stuff, they're top notch.

kurens

went to tropi-aquatics and bought 8(thats all they have) jumbo nassarius snails,got cup of sand also,yesterday i stired up sand a little.

poidog

I'm now just chiming back in... that you really didn't take the advice of some of the more senior members on this board and that was just patience. You're tank is cycling. leave it be for it's cycle. It's going to do everything short of throwing up on your floor until it is established.

kurens

I'm now just chiming back in... that you really didn't take the advice of some of the more senior members on this board and that was just patience. You're tank is cycling. leave it be for it's cycle. It's going to do everything short of throwing up on your floor until it is established.
if you really read post which advice i supposed to take??there was few:
-strir up all sand---done
-got some sifters---done
-got cup of sand from estabilished tank---done
-one person told me to put clownfish and dont worry----not yet:)

hard to choose if one person told you leave it,your tank is cycling and other said you need to do something because its very bad.

anyway thanks for advice from all of you.

WeePee

his advice is to just sit, do nothing, have patience, and wait for your tank to finish cycling.
and u r the reason there r no snails at tropiquatics!!!

ColaAddict

Yeah, unfortunately Eric's right, some might not survive the ammonia spike. You might have been better off leaving the tank alone until cycling finished. Hopefully they survive.