Nudibranch ID

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
Came in on an SPS frag..

Found it on this guys frag plug before I dipped. Pulled him off.. Nothing else came off in the Dip. He is about 1/16" - 1/8" long when on the move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
The picture is it on the move. If he loses grip he blobs up but once he attaches somewhere he thins out like a slug on the move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IHaveCrabs

Premium member
Well this is why we inspect and QT coral!!!! I'm going to assume the worst with this one unfortunately.

crabbygabby

I wish there was a close up photo. Does it have cerata or gills on the back, or is it kind of like a flat thin shell? If it is more reminiscent of the latter, which is what it kind of looks like, my top guess at an ID is tylodina corticalis, primarily a sponge feeder and likely to starve as they are often picky about the specific sponges they will consume. This group will only eat a few very specific closely related species of the family Aplysinellidae. If it had cerata or gills on the back instead, I might have a few other ideas. Although it's likely moot since I'm guessing you tossed it by now anyhow. But for sake of knowledge perhaps. I adore the seaslugforum.net for all info on nudibranches.