Nudibranch Infestation

roilciuc

I have had my reef set up for 6 months now. Over the course of 3 months, I would occasionally find spiral egg cases floating around and I would remove them. Last week I noticed the first baby white nudibranch. Doesn't have any filaments on them, except for 2 stalks near the eyes (might actually be the eyes I'm not sure). I removed it right away. Next day I found 2 baby ones. Next day various sizes were appearing. Now, a week later, I see over 30 crawling everywhere. I must have missed an egg case. I finally found an adult one and got a picture then flushed it. It is around 1 cm, yellow, with brownish dots, and no filaments. Please tell me what it is, and if they are dangerous. I have noticed 2 things in my tank recently. Some of my zoos have all of the sudden stopped opening as much as they should. They only open the center but refuse to expose their filaments. My open brain coral has not inflated itself in over a week now. Everything else seems to be fine in the tank. Thank you for your help. View attachment 4953

roilciuc

It doesn't seem to be doing anything bad, but I don't want to find out what will happen once all of the babies grow up. I'll start looking for a yellow coris