Official intro

MarkCios24

View attachment 12355
View attachment 12354View attachment 12356
Making an official hello post as my previous one was self acknowledged as half a$$ed.
I am new to the hobby and have been at this for almost 3 months with the help of a friend and coworker who are long time reefers.
What I hope to get out of this forum is information of how to turn my bio cube to rimless(if possible).
I plan on doing a write up on a new design for a dresser that I am going to build which will double as my tank display pedestal.
I am definitely going to enjoy reading others write ups on tank builds and other diy stuff for tanks as I am a intro craftsman hah.

anarchy

Tell us more about the tank. What equipment is being used? What are your future fish stocking plans? What kind of coral do you plan on stocking?

jrpark22000

Premium member
Welcome to the hobby, it's a long bumpy road ahead so try and keep your chin up. In the long run it can be quite rewarding.

MarkCios24

Tell us more about the tank. What equipment is being used? What are your future fish stocking plans? What kind of coral do you plan on stocking?
For now I only have two clowns, two emerald crabs, some red leg crabs and a shrimp. Not sure what else I'm going to stock just yet. I plan on starting corals soon, just going to start dosing my tank to get its levels up for the corals benefits. And I am just running the stock nano tank. I got rid f the bio balls and replaced it with purigen.

I was planning on possibly getting an underwater waterfall setup in there because I noticed no one else has done it that I could find. Aside from the water movement being an obstacle, I couldn't find any other reasons why it could not be done. Any thought on under water waterfalls?

anarchy

For now I only have two clowns, two emerald crabs, some red leg crabs and a shrimp. Not sure what else I'm going to stock just yet. I plan on starting corals soon, just going to start dosing my tank to get its levels up for the corals benefits. And I am just running the stock nano tank. I got rid f the bio balls and replaced it with purigen.

I was planning on possibly getting an underwater waterfall setup in there because I noticed no one else has done it that I could find. Aside from the water movement being an obstacle, I couldn't find any other reasons why it could not be done. Any thought on under water waterfalls?
What salt are you using? Water changes should be enough to get your parameters to where they need to be

MarkCios24

I have been getting water from a pet store premixed for now until I get an osmosis system set up at home. Any advice on the salt for future reference and where to buy?

madjoe

Premium member
I have been getting water from a pet store premixed for now until I get an osmosis system set up at home. Any advice on the salt for future reference and where to buy?
Depending on where u get your premix from that can be source of your issues ive seen some shady shiet and who knows when they change there filters. I have my own r/o best investment ever and i also use reef crystals that i get from aqua pros they got great prices on pretty much every thing u need and dont need lol .