Ok is it just me?????

Chipster67

Or is that red Sea testing a P.I.T.A.??!!!

I tested Mag, Cal & Kalk...
Mag was at 1200 ppm
Alk was at 3.7 or 10.5 dKH
Ca was at 450

But I doubt that is totally accurate... So I think and please correct me, I need to fill the final syringe bfore putting the tip on, then put the tip on and measure based off of that?! Everytime I sucked up the final solution it has atleast a 1ml bubble, so I did my measurement based on where the fluid was not plunger..

Anyhow anyone have tips with this stuff?

Chip

Last edited:

jm23

I always keep the tip on when filling the syringe, all you have to do is slowly fill the syringe up and then bring the plunger down to the 1ml mark. If you fill it up to fast it won't fill correctly, I find that the fluid goes to the 1ml mark before I push the plunger back down to where it should be, if I fill it slowly enough. The air bubble is fine, that is how much space the tip has in it and that is why you bring the syringe plunge down to the 1ml mark to account for that space. I hope that makes sense, let me know if not. You measure from the plunger mark, not the fluid btw.

Chipster67

Ok Yeah I did that TOTALLY Wrong then.. :eek2: I'll give it a good testing tomorrow. I was filling it FAST, and noticed that I could not get the plunger up any higher, and kept trying until I got the liquid level to the 1ml mark.

I'll go SLOW and EASY and then push plunger down to the 1ml mark.

Thanks for the help Jon.. :)