Old Town Aquarium

jcarlilesiu

If you haven't been to this store yet, you are really missing out. The display tanks are amazing and the selection supurb. Best of all however is the staff. They are helpful without being pushy and give it to you straight.

It can get pretty crowded in there, and the prices are a little steep (blame it on the location and quality of stock) but well worth the additional money in my opinion.

If you are not from the city, stop into the neighborhood and make an afternoon of it with lunch in the cute Old Town neighborhood. You won't regret it.

1538 N Wells Street
Chicago, IL 60610
(312) 642-8763

jcarlilesiu

Didn't see the other thread here, mods can you combine them and delete this post.

Sorry for the double post.

Scarlett778

They actually have parking at Pipers Alley Garage, and if you purchase something they will redeem your parking ticket.

EyeReef

no worries..we dont have to condense all the reviews in one thread..
thanks for the review..i like it there as well

The reefer

Yea old town is a great store for healthy fish and corals. There prices r up there but worth it. I got 2 clowns there and doing great.

Bwidner

Hmmm sounds like I will have to check them back out, I was there once and there were two different fish dying there.

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
The last time I was there, I used the valet parking for the restaurant right next door. As long as you ate at the restaurant, the parking was free. So we visited the store and then had lunch. I didn't know about the free parking with $20 purchase. Cool store, it has LOTS of nice big show pieces. Yes, they were a bit pricey, but they were BIG!