one of the very few things that makes a grown man cry :)

tinman

Well mostly user error

My sps tank is too low nutrients too much flow too much light for them so shifted them to a small 10 gallon nuvo and to keep it safe from the kid i set it up in the walkin closet .

What i didnt realize is nanny closing the door cause kiddo is making a beeway there as soon as we left to work ( ofcourse he loves the colors lol )

So the temp raised from 79 to 85/86 every afternoon and by the time im home its all good back to 80 as i open the door once i come, took me 3 weeks to identify the problem. Atleast im glad its just 4 out of 15-18 or so pieces i have in there

As i said what sucks more is all 4 of them are choice cuts i kept to grow back so patterns would have been awesome once grown :(

Sent from my iPhone

tinman

I should have been more thoughtful . A $10 fan from target could have saved $2000 .. But no one to blame really only can be sad but not mad haha

Sent from my iPhone

That sucks sorry to hear that! But I don't think a fan would have helped you out much either if the closet is unventilated and you close the door on it. You'd just be circulating hot air.

Can you move that tank somewhere else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tinman

That sucks sorry to hear that! But I don't think a fan would have helped you out much either if the closet is unventilated and you close the door on it. You'd just be circulating hot air.

Can you move that tank somewhere else?

I added a fan about 3 days ago and the temp has been steady at 77-78

The closer is a walk in closet bigger than my restroom haha

Should have actually run the lights at night instead of the day time .. Its ok things have been stable and i probably could trade multiples of what i have to get what i lost :)

Sent from my iPhone

Spartanman22

Oh no man! Sorry to hear, this is partly why I've been reluctant to venture into high end stuff. Did you have backups of any of them?

ultimatemj

Evaporative cooling works well even if the room is hotter than the tank :thumb:

View attachment 17446

I added a fan about 3 days ago and the temp has been steady at 77-78

The closer is a walk in closet bigger than my restroom haha

Should have actually run the lights at night instead of the day time .. Its ok things have been stable and i probably could trade multiples of what i have to get what i lost :)

Sent from my iPhone

tinman

Oh no man! Sorry to hear, this is partly why I've been reluctant to venture into high end stuff. Did you have backups of any of them?

Sad thing is 3 of those pieces ( out of 5) are same chalice, have backups for only one of the three

Its the same thing regardless high end or not :) this is one of the reasons why i frag and sell a cpl pieces so as to afford another one incase something like this happens :)

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:

Spartanman22

Man well I think you're owed some reefing magic soon here after that! Best of luck man.