Only 2 water changes last year!

DJE

So this is the result of only 2 water changes last year. I have an Elos 120xl, 127g and 50g in the sump so total volume with rocks is around 150g. I run GFO and Carbon in a dual BRS reactor. I does Alk and Cal everyday and dose Nualgi twice a week. I also have about 4liters of siporax in the sump. My nitrates are undetectable and PO4 are between 0.05 to 1. What do you think?

FTS
View attachment 7745

Right Side
View attachment 7746
View attachment 7747

Left Side
View attachment 7748

Some close ups:
TDF
View attachment 7749

WCR Milleporas
View attachment 7750
View attachment 7751
View attachment 7755

WCR French Bitch
View attachment 7752
View attachment 7753

ColaAddict

nice. all my nutrients stay low also, with carbon dosing and a huge skimmer. I still do water change out of habit. I don't know if it's doing any good. I guess some elements get replaced.

MMreef

Awesome buddy, looks great. I guess the Nualgi is working for you, your sand looks very clean !

DJE

nice. all my nutrients stay low also, with carbon dosing and a huge skimmer. I still do water change out of habit. I don't know if it's doing any good. I guess some elements get replaced.
Thanks Nino. I need to set up my Genesis Water change system so that at least I can replace those elements that are missing. Just been too lazy:)

Nice tank! Like the aquascape...what fish u got in there?.
Thanks! Nothing fancy but there are like nine fish.
ORA Snowflake clown with a reg clown bonded. They lay eggs too

ORA Yellow Assessor

Ornate Leopard wrasse

Lyretail Anthias. 1 male 3 females

Bristletooth Tomini Tang

Very nice DJE..
Thanks Mai!

Awesome tank
Was better in person :)
Thanks Tin. I'll give you a piece of the Mille when I decide to cut:)

Awesome buddy, looks great. I guess the Nualgi is working for you, your sand looks very clean !
Thanks bud! Yes the Nualgi is working and the stuff that keeps coming back on the rock is finally going away.

Love this tank...just a bit jelly
Thanks homie!

Nice work ,

Tom
Thanks Tom!

sk8elenex92

Premium member
Wow the tank looks great. sometimes I don't understand why people do water changes every week. so many WC would push me away from the hobby. How big were your 2 WC?

vucious

Wow the tank looks great. sometimes I don't understand why people do water changes every week. so many WC would push me away from the hobby. How big were your 2 WC?
I'm seeing more and more good looking tanks that only do WC once a month or in this case once every 6 months. I used to do weekly WC religiously but I'm only doing 5% once every 2 weeks now.

DJE

Thanks! One was 25g and the 2nd was 50g and that was because I was finally putting my new 75g sump back in the basement.

I'm seeing more and more good looking tanks that only do WC once a month or in this case once every 6 months. I used to do weekly WC religiously but I'm only doing 5% once every 2 weeks now.
Thanks!
This featured tank didn't do any water changes but it was more LPS/softies

http://www.chicagoreefs.com/index.php?pageid=logan

The reason for my post also was to let people know that we don't have to be on top of our tanks every day. Just let the tank do it's thing. I rarely put my hands in my tank and believe [MENTION=1971]jayjerk[/MENTION] and [MENTION=473]jayjigga[/MENTION] have had there hands in my sump more than I ever had :spy: lol I also don't test much either unless I'm checking to replace my GFO and see if I need to add more Alk or Cal.

Keep in mind that what might work for me might not work for everyone. This tank is 100% SPS with 1 Hammer for the clowns.

View attachment 7770