Opinions on Marine Pure

Spartanman22

I'm thinking of removing the sand from my fuge and adding some marine pure blocks. Does anyone have any success stories, tips, dos/donts, or warnings about this product?

My goal is to provide additional surface area for the growth of nitrifying bacteria. Ideally if they work as advertised I could ween off carbon dosing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Darienreefs7

I'm thinking of removing the sand from my fuge and adding some marine pure blocks. Does anyone have any success stories, tips, dos/donts, or warnings about this product?

My goal is to provide additional surface area for the growth of nitrifying bacteria. Ideally if they work as advertised I could ween off carbon dosing.

That's what I'm planning for my fuge. But I'm gonna use the spheres to get more surface area.

Spartanman22

I'd like to avoid the spheres simply because I imagine it'd be a greater detritus trap the the block. I may just get the 1" and stick It in between the skimmer and return baffle.

I'm going to try and pick one up at Aquatic Experience this weekend if I can find one.

I read a lot of initial reports (from 2014) of elevated aluminum levels being attributed to the blocks

1fishjones

Premium member
I use it in my sump, the tank is only a few months old, from what I'm seeing MP does the job. All my numbers are right on. I use the spheres so I made this rack out of egg crate that I can slide right out for cleaning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

r33fswagg3r

Premium member
I have been using marinepure blocks and spheres for 2 years and have absolutely nothing bad to say about them. Why create rock walls in your DT when you can go with more of tailored aquascape yet still have the crazy surface area of the marinepure media in your sump. If you prefer blocks you can drill perfect holes through it. Great for a quarantine, just drill a 3" hole through the block and it gives somewhere for your fish to hide.

Darienreefs7

I'd like to avoid the spheres simply because I imagine it'd be a greater detritus trap the the block. I may just get the 1" and stick It in between the skimmer and return baffle.

I'm going to try and pick one up at Aquatic Experience this weekend if I can find one.

I read a lot of initial reports (from 2014) of elevated aluminum levels being attributed to the blocks

Last year they had a MarinePure stand but they weren't selling. But they do give a nice discount to buy them online.

Spartanman22

I have been using marinepure blocks and spheres for 2 years and have absolutely nothing bad to say about them. Why create rock walls in your DT when you can go with more of tailored aquascape yet still have the crazy surface area of the marinepure media in your sump. If you prefer blocks you can drill perfect holes through it. Great for a quarantine, just drill a 3" hole through the block and it gives somewhere for your fish to hide.
I was hoping you'd chime in! Good to hear. I want to get two to provide seeds for my upgrade tank and QT tank. I also am a minimalistic aqua scape kinda guy so this helps in that regard.

msujohn

I was hoping you'd chime in! Good to hear. I want to get two to provide seeds for my upgrade tank and QT tank. I also am a minimalistic aqua scape kinda guy so this helps in that regard.

Did you ever get these blocks? I'm looking into it for my sump and wanted to hear results? I've read about the leaching of aluminum and truth to this?

Spartanman22

I've had marinepure in my sumo for close to 3 months now and all my SPS are doing great. It may be leaching small amounts of aluminum but I also run carbon. I've noticed no ill effects but my nitrates have disappeared

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk