Orange Leptoseris challice

I have this Orange Lepto and the Jason Fox Jack-O-Lantern Lepto. The Lepto has grown really fast in my tank and is really doing well. It's amazing how fast it has grown. I'm hoping my JF JOL Lepto follows suit and does the same.

Yeah, from what I read it hasn't been confirmed on what it actually is. People say it's an SPS and others say an LPS. I don't think it's an SPS at all. There are no polyps visible and on my Orange Lepto, though it looks hard, the edges sometimes sway in the flow. It's like tissue paper.

Jep21

From what i heard its more of a similiar to a chalice which Requires low light and low flow

rosko23

I thought it was always Lps, but Eric says its sps. Either way. The JOL is prob my fav piece in my tank.

poidog

"The Leptoseris Coral is a small polyp stony (SPS) coral from the Solomon Islands that is usually found growing from vertical or overhung reef walls. This species grows either in an encrusting or tiered fashion and the coloration ranges from brown to tan and green. Under the right conditions, this is a fast growing species. Although it has short tentacles, it can harm other invertebrates touching it.

Usually SPS corals tend to be more difficult to care compared to LPS corals. Once established, though, the Leptoseris Coral is fairly hardy, but requires a moderate light level and strong random currents within the aquarium. Calcium, strontium, and other trace elements should be added to the water for its continued good health.

It will benefit from additional food in the form of micro-plankton or baby brine shrimp fed in the evening when its tentacles are visible."