Other pets interesterd in reefing

Lmecher

Does anyone else have other pets that are obsessed with your reef tank?

Peanut

We have a security camera on my 120, 24/7 w/handy dandy night vision to see nocturnal octopus species. Usually our cat, Maverick sits on the back of the couch and stares at this tank. Or he can be found taunting my fiddler crabs. Look what the camera caught him doing one night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ2edI-hoVc

scotty

that's the butthead (button)

she HATES when the snails freak out and click on the glass, yells at them to shutup its hilarious

and you notice all the "toys" around the tank because i was showing it attention over her prissy self. same thing when im trying to clean the tank.

Lmecher

The little 15 housed dwarf octopuses. They denned in the barnacles. I just tore it down. I hated to because it was such a healthy little system. I had to downsize. Also took down my 40 breeder. I was out of control :rolleyes:

Lmecher

When I was setting up the 120, Maverick was a kitten, he somehow jumped in, maybe off the couch but we found him stuck, the goof couldn't get out. We joked that he was my new catfish. I only wish I took a photo.

Lmecher

How about a reverse obsession. (just for fun)
El Diablo was obsessed with people. He grew fond of my son who cared for him while I was on vacation.
My favorite photo series, shot in succession.

SaylorsReef

That tank is so cool!

What a crazy cat! I used to have one that would jump in the shower with me every morning. It freaked out when it got wet every day. You would have thought it would have learned that it didn't like water!

Lmecher

You just brought back a memory. I had a golden retriever that would jump in the bath tub with me if I left the door open. He really loved water. My husband thought it was funny, me not so much.

How about this one. (Zack) A tank but not a reef. (ferret). Sort of close.

Lmecher

Hope this isn't too off topic, hate to anger the mods :rolleyes:

My craziest cat moment. We couldn't find him. heard crying coming from the wall. I was panicky. Thank god we found him. He went through an awful ordeal but was fine afterwords.

scotty

how the hell...

im tolly a dog guy so i dont get it. what would possess that cat to go in a hole in a wall...

Lmecher

how the hell...

im tolly a dog guy so i dont get it. what would possess that cat to go in a hole in a wall...
No, he didn't crawl in, we had to cut him out.
Sorry, I thought it would have been obvious, let me explain. He got into the wall via access door under my bathtub one second floor. he must have fallen between the studs to this place on the first floor behind the TV. My husband had to carefully make a hole. It was difficult because the kitten was right there. He was clawing at Mark as he made the hole large enough for the Zack to exit. It took quite a while, Zack kept trying to push through. When he finally came out, it looked as if the wall was giving birth. I worried about the dry wall dust in his eyes, but he was fine afterward.

Renegade Reefer

How about a reverse obsession. (just for fun)
El Diablo was obsessed with people. He grew fond of my son who cared for him while I was on vacation.
My favorite photo series, shot in succession.

Now the picture of the Octopus is really cool . Kinda like a stare down. LOL

Smitty

Premium member
You have some awesome stories to go along with those great shots. :)
My cat has an obsession with my cleaner shrimp, and twice I've found her waist deep in the tank. I keep her out my room now.

fastrc

Luv the cat in last picture, I had a pet raccoon i raised from a baby that lived in our house in Texas, He would jump in the bathtub whenever you left door open, he was a clown. Were do you find all your octopus at? don't they have a limited lifespan? there such interesting creatures!