Overflow/return pump options/suggestions

SMACKERS4

So i finally went and dug out my 110g tank, dimensions are 48x18x30. This was custom built out of 1/2" thick glass about 25 years ago. After i test for leaks, i will be wanting to BOTTOM drill this tank for an internal overflow. I know there are NUMEROUS styles out there for bottom drilled tanks. What i want to know is what will be the best option for me as far as WHAT style/size overflow.i have been scouring the internet looking for the best option but im not coming up with any definitive conclusions. i will be going rimless on this so i would prefer the most aesthetic option as possible. HOB are out of the question. space is a premium where this is located, so that is the reason for bottom drilling i want to push as far to the wall as possible.

Option A~I was thinking of doing 2x 1.5" drains and 2x 3/4" returns. I really like the style of overflow on an oceanic tech tanks. A center overflow with 2 drains and 2 returns all-in-one overflow, but can find no evidence of any particularly better options. (or worse for that matter)

Option B~I was also considering a Coast to Coast overflow for maximum surface skimming, but again, this will be for a bottom drilled tank, and i would basically have my PVC drains and returns visibly coming from the bottom of the OF and down the INSIDE of the back of my tank. (not very aesthetic) perhaps there is a happy medium between both options.

As far as return pumps, i am considering:

Option A~Waveline DC-6000 w/max GPH of about 1500gph
Option B~Diablo DC-10500 w/max GPH of about 2700GPH.
(opinions on those would be appreciated as well)

Thanks in advance for your help.

ColaAddict

go with the DC9000. your should account for head loss, and your overflow should be able to handle the 9000 (you can ramp it down anyway). If you are getting a big skimmer, then you should have more water from your tank get in contact with it to clean the water, so the stronger the return pump, the better. thinkthefuture is setting up a group buy for the DC pumps.

SMACKERS4

go with the DC9000. your should account for head loss, and your overflow should be able to handle the 9000 (you can ramp it down anyway). If you are getting a big skimmer, then you should have more water from your tank get in contact with it to clean the water, so the stronger the return pump, the better. thinkthefuture is setting up a group buy for the DC pumps.
The only reason i wanted the DC-10500 is i wanted to run my reactor off it as well and 2 returns, and possibly one day a chiller. eliminating the need for additional pumps. if i went with Diablo i would be getting the DC-10500, my other option was the Waveline, a bit more features. but lower max GPH output.

adam87

I own the DC-10000 pump and I love it. Its running my 180 and a very large reactor. Its not running on full speed for now because it would too much for my tank. I will be hooking up other tanks to it later on.

SMACKERS4

Thanks for the input. I really wanna go balls out incase i ever go bigger than a 110, then i wouldn't have to worry about a new return pump. But the Waveline i think has more bells and whistles.....Anyone own a Waveline out there?