Oysters Good

1fishjones

Premium member
Sorry can't get the picture to load. Anyway it's a side by side of two aquariums filled with the same saltwater. The only difference is one has a bunch of oysters inside. The difference in water clarity is amazing, like night and day. It says one oyster can filter & clean up to fifty gallons a day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

trackfast

Princess Trainer
Sorry can't get the picture to load. Anyway it's a side by side of two aquariums filled with the same saltwater. The only difference is one has a bunch of oysters inside. The difference in water clarity is amazing, like night and day. It says one oyster can filter & clean up to fifty gallons a day.

I heard that clams can also filter water well. The only problem is that they usually don't last long. The reason is that the temps in our tanks are much warmer than they're usually in I think.

1fishjones

Premium member
Temperature seems to be the least settled thing in our hobby. I've read varying opinions from supposed experts ranging from the low seventies all the way up to 85. Who knows, might be a good idea to run our tanks with area specific livestock.