Par readings- Another disapointment

Joe5688

So i recently (2 months) ago switched from a 4 bulb odyssea to a 8 bulb Current nova fixture.

I got par readings today and my highest reading at my top sps was 200. The fixture is approx 8-10" off the tank.

So i took off my canopy and placed my fixture on the tank frame like my old odyssea was.

here are the new readings.

View attachment 16793

Still not completly happy with them. I think my par on the sand bed is pretty high and there isn't much of a difference from the top of my 75 to the bottom lol.

I also now cannot run a canopy.

Suggestions lol? Par readings to high on sand bed? to low up top?

:annoyed:

Lil BamBam

Premium member
What numbers did you want? Those numbers posted are prefect IMO unless you buy the top of the line T5 fixture... Give it time as you just switched from a bad fixture.

Plus you are getting your levels balanced with ALK and CAL

Joe5688

What numbers did you want? Those numbers posted are prefect IMO unless you buy the top of the line T5 fixture... Give it time as you just switched from a bad fixture.
I was looking for over 400 at the top where all my stick are.

I'm more pissed that i didn't test this earlier and my par was 200 at my highest point for the past 2 months lol

madjoe

Premium member

Plus you are getting your levels balanced with ALK and CAL
Dre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kratos1028

4-500 is good for sps. I have kept mine around 600-800 par before I had to drop it down a bit to accommodate my zoas better. now they are sitting around 400-550 par.